• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why we won't draft Offense in 1st Round

Catufb85

I don't need gettle to go offense in the first I just need to see some attempt to groom a tackle even if it's just a decent tackle or depth...an attempt to do something with the OT position....just something, anything except ignoring it for yet another year

It would appear that Oher's future is solidly in question.

I have serious doubts that he intends to start Williams or Remmers there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

54 minutes ago, stbugs said:

How much more separation? I know the hate for KB runs high lately, but if we hadn't lost so many terrible games, no one would be calling for his head. Williams does about the least for us out of any of the top guys, that's why I don't want him. A quick slot type guy, sure, but those can be had later, but an outside WR is not the biggest impact for us at all.

I was referring to "BPA" and the fact that Williams is just as big but faster than KB. I wasn't calling for his head. 

That was obvious last season commonsense said stop gap...

Last season we had a group that started dayum near all 16 games and went to the SuperBowl... that did not miss a 100 yard rushing game and was the best offense.

The stopgap was a very effective one... he (oher), and our all-pro Center and various backups all got hurt. It seems likely that Oher suffered a career ending injury.

10 hours ago, lasus83 said:

Last season we had a group that started dayum near all 16 games and went to the SuperBowl... that did not miss a 100 yard rushing game and was the best offense.

The stopgap was a very effective one... he (oher), and our all-pro Center and various backups all got hurt. It seems likely that Oher suffered a career ending injury.

Yes stop gap worked but we made no provision for later...stop gap by definition is temporary...

1 hour ago, OldNorthPowell said:

When play calling is that bad yes I agree ignore all the players LOL

You have no idea what was called you only know what happened. You have no idea how Cam changed the play, audibilized or even if everyone did what they are supposed to do on the play that was supposed to be executed. So to assume it was a bad play call alone is naive at best.

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You have no idea what was called you only know what happened. You have no idea how Cam changed the play, audibilized or even if everyone did what they are supposed to do on the play that was supposed to be executed. So to assume it was a bad play call alone is naive at best.

LOL running 15 yard routes when the other team is blitzing over and over is dumb no matter how you spin it. Done talking to you though enjoy your day.

1 minute ago, OldNorthPowell said:

LOL running 15 yard routes when the other team is blitzing over and over is dumb no matter how you spin it. Done talking to you though enjoy your day.

And if you can't recognize a blitz and audibilize into a different play or recognize who your hot read is when they blitz, whose fault is it?

I would leave the discussion if I were you as well since you clearly have no clue about how an NFL offense works and how adjustments are made at the line.

I believe that we will either draft Fournette, Barnett or trade back. Gettleman doesn't place value on DBs as we saw with Norman, Mitchell, etc. So even though I'd prefer Adams as our pick if he is there, I don't see it happening. I could see us trade back in the first for Thomas if the first two options are gone.

On 1/9/2017 at 10:27 AM, panthers55 said:

And if you can't recognize a blitz and audibilize into a different play or recognize who your hot read is when they blitz, whose fault is it?

I would leave the discussion if I were you as well since you clearly have no clue about how an NFL offense works and how adjustments are made at the line.

Archived