• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Panthers were doomed from the start."

pantherclaw

Guest Lasus83

Yeah as much as people like to poo on Gettleman about the Josh thing I don't think this gets brought up enough. Bene had looked like a legitimate starting corner in this league before he got hurt and from everything I heard his rehab was going well, it was completely reasonable to expect him to hold down one of the corner spots while the rookies handled the other. Unfortunately he just couldn't do it physically and the secondary imploded because of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think bene made the mistake of opening his big mouth.

Too bad, too... guy was dynamite prior to the leg in the CB2/nickle.

In any case, the loss of Norman is not (in and of itself) what killed us this year...

It was a perfect storm of events and just simoly not getting any bounces...

Just not our year...

We bring in a good draft anf spend wisely... we could be really goddang fearsome... i dunno hkw you do better than 15-1... but we could be a real force...

Makes me want to trade away a 2018 1st, for more ammo this year, with the mindset that it will be trading pick 32 :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Guest Lasus83
The Panthers should have beat Denver twice. The losses were a result of poor coaching.

I will bet Denver was saying something similar after they lost to Seattle...

Ware took our lunch and fed it to us... completely got in our head. We have not been the same offense since then.

Really, they took our swag with 1 remmers missed block and a resulting strip sack... and that has lasted for 17 games.

Kudos to them... but we got coached to 15-1 and a superbowl.

We got managed to the above and 63 million to spend.

Have some perspective.

I feel like the Denver game is a straight up excuse.  We were all excited to get our revenge the first game of the season, we all thought that we played a terrible game in the Superbowl and that the panthers regardless of location would beat Denver 9 out of 10 times.  Like others have said we had the game and lost it.  I feel like a coach using that excuse is weak.  We should have won the game and that's that, along with a few other games this season but at least we have the draft to look forward to.

Guest Lasus83
I feel like the Denver game is a straight up excuse.  We were all excited to get our revenge the first game of the season, we all thought that we played a terrible game in the Superbowl and that the panthers regardless of location would beat Denver 9 out of 10 times.  Like others have said we had the game and lost it.  I feel like a coach using that excuse is weak.  We should have won the game and that's that, along with a few other games this season but at least we have the draft to look forward to.

Not 9 out of 10... 0 out of 2

We had them beat all day on paper. Damn game isn't played on paper though

6 minutes ago, Lasus83 said:

No one said on paper, and if you're supposed to win on paper then what are you basing that on?  The fact we have a better team, that we should win if we adjust correctly? The line was at 3.5 for the panthers before the game and about 70 percent of Vegas bets were on the Panthers covering.  We should have won the first game regardless, it shouldn't have been decided on a field goal.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

I was preaching this early in the season, but no one was listening.

Still preaching it.

We'll be better next season. Rest fixes a lot of things and losing seasons shed the most annoying of fans.

We could stand to lose a few around here 

We had them beat for a good bit but then we did what we usually do... will get ahead and then we just goof it all away I don't know I just don't get why we do that it's so fuging aggravating to watch the more I watch these game highlights the more sick I get of it

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

5 hours ago, dardarroarroar said:

And he has the nerve to try to suck that I am that is not what you do sir I am so sick of him God I know it may be judge mental to say this but I just don't see how you have sex with him he must be really nice really nice personality #sorrynotsorry

...just a guess, but with you i'd prolly be doggie style..

7 hours ago, dardarroarroar said:

And he has the nerve to try to suck that I am that is not what you do sir I am so sick of him God I know it may be judge mental to say this but I just don't see how you have sex with him he must be really nice really nice personality #sorrynotsorry

Gross, the mental picture. 

Archived