• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summer 2017 Transfer Season

Ja  Rhule

6 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Not really. Morata will go for 70m and James will be around 60-70m. That's more than enough for Mbappe.

Likely Morata around £60M and James around £50M.  Then you gotta pray Mbappe is not one year wonder.  Dude was worth only £500k last season.

14 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

And CR7 isn't leaving Real. This is a ploy from Mendes for Ronaldo to get more money. Who knows? Maybe Cristiano is honestly angry with the club but Messi was supposedly angry at Barca, and demanded to leave too. A month later, Barcelona restructured his contract and all was fine again.

It's better for Madrid to sell him.  Considering that Madrid net spent in transfer market over the last 5 years is like £40M.  Madrid thrives on selling big and buying big unfortunately huge number of Madrid players are getting past their prime so it will be interesting to see how Madrid will handle their future.  Right now,  they are looking like they will invest their future in 18 year old.  Big gamble.

5 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Don't count on it. Utd has already submitted another 5m for him. Madrid responded back that they're not dropping. Utd will end up paying 70m. As for James, bidding has already started at 40m. He won't go for 50m. Not a chance. A teteam like PSG will pay 70m to 80m when all is said and done.

Real have been after Mbappe for four years now. Our scouting department has a very high succession rate for identifying talent. Moreso with young talent nowadays.

Mourinho can easily go for Diego Costa who can be have for £30M and is better than Morata.  You gotta realized there are other players out there... not just Morata and James.

The latest news is Manchester United is no longer interested in Morata because of asking price.  Manchester United had a deal in place for Anthonio Griezmann.  Athletico had a deal in place for Lacazette.  Both teams might suck it up until January.  Chelsea is signing Lukaku. Looks like Morata might be staying at Real.

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Who is past their prime? I'd really like to hear this.

Navas is balling out and remains playing the best of his career with us

Ramos is still a top tier defender in his prime

Marcelo is the world's best LB in his prime

Carvajal is the world's best RB entering his prime

Modric hasn't come close to hitting a wall yet

Kroos is just now entering his prime

Isco hasn't even hit his prime yet

Benzema and Bale are injury prone and inconsistent but both are in their primes

CR7 is entering the twilight of his career but he's being managed to extend his longevity

Then there are the successors awaiting when the time comes with Vallejo, T. Hernandez, Kovacic, Asensio, Llorente, etc. We're in great shape for a long, long time.

Most of your starters are 30 or near 30...  prime is 26-28.  Sorry to burst ur buble.

Ramos 31

Pepe 34

Ronaldo 32

Bale 28

Modric 32

Benzema 30

Navas 31

Marcelo 29

You plan on selling ur youngsters while u about to have nursing home in the making.  It's going to be good in 2-3 years.

Utd. will wait it out for Morata in my opinion. If a player is unhappy, it would be foolish to pay a premium.

In the articke that ESPN quoted Zidane saying that he will never hold a player against his will is true (probably not), then I see Morata coming over for a fee closer to £60M than £70M.

4 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Wanna bet? Morata is all that is left. Mourinho doesn't like Lacazette and doesn't fit what he wants to do. Hey, they wanted Griezmann but transfer ban. Oh well. It's Morata or nothing.

Not really... United have Rushford who has been very good.  Lacazette has an offer from Athletico and Griezman has an offer from United.  Athletico ban is only 6 months.  Who is better?  Morata or Griezman?  Not a fuging rocket science.

And with the news that Conte may be interested in reuniting with Morata, the smart idea would be for Utd. to pull out and sign Costa as a gap stop. 

Ibra was supposed to be that gap stop but with the spending that Utd. did last year they need to be smart this season. If that means a "rental then we'll see next year" approach then so be it.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

And with the news that Conte may be interested in reuniting with Morata, the smart idea would be for Utd. to pull out and sign Costa as a gap stop. 

Ibra was supposed to be that gap stop but with the spending that Utd. did last year they need to be smart this season. If that means a "rental then we'll see next year" approach then so be it.

Morata is not coming to Chelsea...  it's garbage rumor.  Chelsea is about to sign Lukaku.

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Your logic is flawed.

Modric is still viewed as possibly the best CM in the world (at the very least Top 3 along with Kroos). His production hasn't decreased either. It's actually increased. He has another 2-3 years left at the very least.

Pepe is gone, man. He's not our problem anymore. Madrid got rid of him at the right time. 

Ramos is 31 but guess what? He's still elite and finished near the top of La Liga as the league's best defender. He is aging quite well.

Marcelo is 29. Point? The guy was wreaking havoc in the Champion's League and was unstoppable throughout the year. 

Like I said, our boys are aging well and have a youthful bench for when the time comes. Thanks for your concern but no thanks. We're good.

Dude, no one is going to pay millions for senior citizens.  You'll be selling these guys for £10M to £15M in few years... the guys you paid for £50M to £100M.

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Not rocket science, eh? No poo. It's also not rocket science to know that Utd need someone this season. Not next season. If it doesn't happen during the summer, then it won't happen until next year.

They got 3 forwards already...  Rushford, Matrial and Rooney.  They can get Costa for £30M and send him to Athletico in January.

Archived