• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We just traded Hibbert and Hawes for Miles Plumlee

nctarheel0619

This is a weird move because I cannot tell if this is us going into tank mode OR some deranged move that the front office actually believes we just got better?

I guess it is the later because it doesn't help us Cap-wise.. he has 4 years remaining and Hibbert was on a 1 yr "Show Me" deal.. and Hawes was 2 yrs away from being gone.. I guess they figured Hibbert was damaged goods and couldn't put 2 games together..

Plumlee did have some pretty good years in Phoenix, but has been a complete ZERO with the Bucks.. maybe they are thinking he can revitalize his career here..

all i know is if this is it - our front office better start packing their bags come the end of the season..

3 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

This is a weird move because I cannot tell if this is us going into tank mode OR some deranged move that the front office actually believes we just got better?

I guess it is the later because it doesn't help us Cap-wise.. he has 4 years remaining and Hibbert was on a 1 yr "Show Me" deal.. and Hawes was 2 yrs away from being gone.. I guess they figured Hibbert was damaged goods and couldn't put 2 games together..

Plumlee did have some pretty good years in Phoenix, but has been a complete ZERO with the Bucks.. maybe they are thinking he can revitalize his career here..

all i know is if this is it - our front office better start packing their bags come the end of the season..

How is getting rid of Roy Hibbert and Spencer Hawes going into tank mode, exactly?

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

How is getting rid of Roy Hibbert and Spencer Hawes going into tank mode, exactly?

i don't think it is.. i said it was probably the later thought that our FO thinks this is a good move - but i don't see this as us getting better.. I'm in a wait-and-see (sulk) mode

This trade seems like a bandaid move to me at first glance. Clearly Roy and Spencer don't fit us or really provide any positive impact to our roster. They definitely cannot adequately fill in for Zeller while he's out.

Miles Plumlee is athletic if anything and can rebound the ball with the best of them. Important traits. Not sure how he is with pick and roll offense though so I'll be interested to see that.

This move does leave us with 2 open roster spots so my guess is that this move is purely to set up another move that's forthcoming. We did need to do something as this team is reeling and the deadline is still 3 weeks out.

I'm not a fan of owing Miles $12.5 per over the next 3.5 seasons though.

Archived