• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SOJA's Never Going to happen Offseason/Mock Rounds 1-4

SOJA

Offseason re-signs:

Tag KK (this makes sense to keep KK one more year- he will be 29 next year and we will have a much better idea of what we have in Butler),

Extend Norwell, (leave Trai and Star until next year)

Let Mario walk (this is hard but he's going to get PAID by someone and hasn't proven to me he's an everydown DE)

Re-sign Charles Johnson 1 year extension

Re-sign Ted Ginn (I want D-Jax but I think Ginn can run more routes and is well respected here- plus I think he is a better mentor to young guys)

Re-sign Remmers for dirt cheap, if he goes somewhere else whatever I was bringing him back for depth only- Williams will start at RT....LT is coming :)

Offseason additions:

Julius Peppers DE- 2 year deal (somewhat fills the void of Addison leaving)

f7d9a61d56354b22919266f1553fe905.jpg

Dion Jordan DE- huge flyer, typical Gettleman find, super low cost on a prove it one year deal *hopefully*

63649c3b-db55-e211-9349-002655e6c126_ori

Captain Munnerlyn NB- wait whatttttt yep. Captain comes back home on a cheaper deal. We need his intensity and he fills out our top three CBs nicely

6864628.jpg

Jonathan Cyprien SS- don't think we can depend on the draft to get a good safety it's a position of dire need and we have to make sure we have it filled going into the draft. If we wind up with Hooker or Adams on top of Cyp so be it. I loved this guy coming out of college. 

rookie-improve-cyprien.png 

Draft Day

Garrett, Allen, Adams, Fournette, Hooker are ALL off the board by the time we pick.....with no QB's having been selected. 

"Their has been a trade...with the 8th pick in the 2017 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Deshaun Watson, QB Clemson."

*indiscriminate chewing on microphone from ESPN pundits*

Carolina has traded pick #8 overal to Cleveland for pick #12 overall ....and JOE THOMAS (The math works out for #8 = #12 + Cleveland's first third rounder. Cleveland was willing to trade Thomas for a third rounder LAST year...certainly this is a long shot but not an impossibility)

Joe-Thomas-NFL.jpg

#12- OJ Howard TE Alabama (analysis: Shula wants another TE, Rivera will back him up and Gettleman will love OJ's size too much to pass up) 

OJHoward.jpg

2nd- Tanoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova (Gettleman loves pass rushers, this year we had a dearth of them. Don't expect him to make the same mistake twice. See FA and this pick. Further, with veterans like CJ and Pep around he and Jordan will get plenty of teaching. 

AR-150929912.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

3rd (8th)Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma- (just think this guy is a playmaker- Ginn can coach him up and help him a ton)

3rd (8th)- It's been brought to my attention that Dede has a past hx of domestic violence (Big Cat is NOT signing off on that. bet), therefore I'm making this draft even more unrealstic and selecting...

Zay Jones WR ECU- guy destroyed the Senior Bowl. almost one hundred percent will not be available at this point in the third. 

6_4906446.jpg

3rd comp pick- Wayne Gallman RB Clemson (I have always just loved this guy. He's a true football player and is a hard runner. We miss out on the top prospects but get a real good number two behind Stew with the potential to be a number one someday.)

Gallman.jpg?w=750

4th- Isiah Ford WR VT- (wait what the fug SOJA you just drafted Zay Jones in the third round? Gettleman always, always has a surprise pick for us. Ford is too good of value to pass up here, he's a terrific athlete- could have gone to Louisville to play BBall. Our offense has struggled with guys getting open for Cam- part of that is long developing routes and part of it is that KB and Funch were just not very good this year. Ford + Jones could be a future potent 2/3 combo in the passing game,plus Ford can be our new PR. Our future would be comprised of at least two of if not all four of KB, Funch, Ford, Jones)

Virginia+Tech+v+Boston+College+ZYWMLimZ-

There you have, flame away boys/gals. 

Offense:

QB- Cam, DA, Webb

RB- Stew, Gallman, Fozzy/CAP

FB- Draft Pick (Ex: Sam Rogers VT)

TE- Olsen, OJ Howard

LT- Joe Thomas

LG- Trai Turner, Chris Scott

C- Ryan Kalil, Tyler Larsen

RG- Andrew Norwell

RT- Daryl Williams, Mike Remmers

WR- KB, Ginn, Funch, JonesFord, Byrd/Philly

Defense

DE- Julius Peppers, Dion Jordan

UT- Short, Butler

NT- Star, Love

DE- Charles Johnson, Tanoh Kpassagnon 

SLB- Shaq, Cash

MLB- Luke, Mayo

WLB- Davis, Ben Jacobs

CB1- Bradberry

CB2-Worley

NB- Captain Munnerlyn, Leonard Johnson, Lou Young

FS- Coleman, Boston

SS- Jonathan Cyprien, Colin Jones

PR- Ford

Healthy that's an amazing team. That would be by far the best offense Cam Newton has ever had around him. Again this isn't happening. 

Would be very happy with this draft. I want a offensive heavy draft and use free agency to solidly the defense. Defense doesn't need another year of growing pains waiting for young players to catch up. We need seasoned players and familiarity like Cap and Pep you suggested. Offense needs playmakers that are young and hungry. 

Joe Thomas would be a Godsend. Don't seen Cleveland doing it especially after drafting who they hope is their franchise QB. I'd gladly take their 3rd though.

All for bringing back Pep and Cap. Although, I would like a young NB like Corn Elder in the draft.

Jordan is an interesting idea. Great buy low option. But the guy has been caught 3 times with the drug policy. Can he screw his head on straight?

Love Tanoh's measurables but hate taking a small school prospect so early. Wouldn't mind him in the 3rd. Rather have Demarcus Walker in the 2nd or something. But with your signings he has time to learn.

Westbrook is a playmaker and has tremendous speed. Just don't see him on our board with the dreaded domestic violence cloud over his head. After the Hardy fiasco I believe this team will steer clear of any players like that.

Good job!

10 hours ago, KDawg004 said:

Joe Thomas would be a Godsend. Don't seen Cleveland doing it especially after drafting who they hope is their franchise QB. I'd gladly take their 3rd though.

All for bringing back Pep and Cap. Although, I would like a young NB like Corn Elder in the draft.

Jordan is an interesting idea. Great buy low option. But the guy has been caught 3 times with the drug policy. Can he screw his head on straight?

Love Tanoh's measurables but hate taking a small school prospect so early. Wouldn't mind him in the 3rd. Rather have Demarcus Walker in the 2nd or something. But with your signings he has time to learn.

Westbrook is a playmaker and has tremendous speed. Just don't see him on our board with the dreaded domestic violence cloud over his head. After the Hardy fiasco I believe this team will steer clear of any players like that.

Good job!

yea I had no idea about the domestic violence hx with Westbrook until you posted that. I totally agree that takes him off our draft board imo. 

Yea honestly the Tanoh pick would be a huge gamble. Not sure how I will feel about it if he is the pick that early. Would feel a lot better if we picked up more picks and then got him

Nickel Back is not a bad option in the late draft because I don't think Zach Sanchez is going to pan out. 

The Thomas deal is admittedly a super duper long shot and more of Madden think 

Guest Carolina-Who
On 2/4/2017 at 11:29 AM, SOJA said:

Also you can mark my words here. If in the case we do draft Tanoh Gettleman's press conference will begin with a snicker and either the words "hawg mollie" or "you can't teach size"

Bet.

Lol yea

Because Westbrook's domestic violence past has been brought to my attention I have changed my third round pick (#8)

Zay Jones WR ECU- disclaimer I don't believe he will be there, but if he is look out. This guy is a bonafide playmaker at the position

Archived