• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Jonathan Stewart Not Expected To Be Released; Hints Of Offense's Future

Saca312

1 hour ago, arbnranger said:

Unfortunately I just don't see 7 bottom feeders passing on Fournette.

Who knows how he will do...but he's just too exciting to pass up for some GM's.  I'm sure a couple of teams before us have him numero uno on their board. 

We still have a lot of exciting options though. 

Not only that, but a team behind us could move up ahead of us for that kind of talent.  Maybe the chargers believe they can get their guy at 12 and swap with Cleveland getting 12 and the first pick in the 2nd.  Cleveland could use a stud RB.  Bottom line, it will take Star-like luck to get Fournette.  Maybe he'll have a health scare at the combine.

9 hours ago, thefuzz said:

There is no way to prove my logic, but IMO it isn't about how many touches, how many yards, etc.....its about being able to heal in time for the next week of practice and games.

As you age, your body tends not to heal as quickly...or in some cases at all.  For RB's 30 is about that number where it all starts really slowing down.  Regardless of how many handoffs they have taken in their careers.

I'd be interested to see the stats of heavily utilized RBs from age 30+ vs. lesser utilized RBs to see if wear and tear early in the career has a noticeable effect. 

8 hours ago, Asurfaholic said:

Is it that much of a stretch to give these coaches the benefit of a doubt to say that even though this is one of the first times they've said so publically, it's probably something they have known and discussed internally for a while?

Some people here walk around holding their noses up so high assuming that they thought of all this stuff first, it's petty and laughable honestly. 

I would be so so embarrassed to call myself a member of this forum if it ever became known that Rivera or Gettleman actually read the comments here.

And you're certainly walking around with your nose held high.

Rivera reads this column daily.

10 hours ago, thefuzz said:

There is no way to prove my logic, but IMO it isn't about how many touches, how many yards, etc.....its about being able to heal in time for the next week of practice and games.

As you age, your body tends not to heal as quickly...or in some cases at all.  For RB's 30 is about that number where it all starts really slowing down.  Regardless of how many handoffs they have taken in their careers.

Genetics are likely the biggest factor and most people slow with age regardless of their attempts to hold off Father Time.  Marcus Allen lasted till the age of 37, but he is an exception to the rule.

Archived