• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2017 Huddle Mock Draft - Hiring All Huddle GMs! Signup + Basic Rules! It'll Be A Blast!

Saca312

DISCLAIMER: I know this idea has been proposed. But it's so far down Huddle history at the moment so I don't believe everyone that agreed for that would do it.

So, have any of you wished you were GM? I know @CPantherKing sure has. 

Do you wish to show how much better you are compared to the NFL's GMs? 

Well, you've come to the right place. Welcome to the 2017 Huddle Mock Draft!

So, I come here with a similar idea, but with some structure. I was thinking it'd be real cool if we could get a bunch of Huddlers to make out own mock draft on the site. It would probably bring in some good insight to possible draft picks, and looking back at them next year would be real neat to see.

This will be a full mock draft consisting of seven rounds. Simple and easy.

So, without further ado, here's how YOU can become a part of Huddle history in a Huddle-wide mock draft of the ages!

On Signing Up:

How Do I Join This Amazing Part Of Huddle History?

Well, glad you asked! It's relatively simple. 

For the signup, I have here a list of possible teams YOU can use for the draft. Right now, this draft will consist of the current draft setup on the start date (TBA) of the mock draft. It will incorporate trades already made and such into it. The draft will go in order just like if the actual draft happened that same day. 

As far as how many teams you can choose, you can draft for 2 teams total, and choose 5. What will effectively happen is that you'll post your first choice of a team (that hasn't been called yet) and then post your second choice that hasn't been called yet. You can even put your own sob story into it if you want. It will look like this:

User: Johnny Manziel 

Choice 1: Browns

Why? This was a team that believed in me. They drafted me. Then I basically poo'd all over their franchise.

Alternates (in order of most preferred to least preferred:

1. Jaguars,

2. 49ers,

3. Jets

Why? These franchises take poo to a whole new level. Poo, poo, poo. Reminds me of me. Poo.

*NOTE: You don't actually have to put a sob story or anything. It really won't affect much.

So basically, what would happen is that your choices are on a first come first serve basis. Your first choice will automatically be considered first. It will be put on the list and you won't have to worry about much.

However, after one week, I will evaluate whether or not we need some more Huddlers to play GM for another team. I will go back through the posts and look through the "alternates" section, and those will be on a first come first serve. I will evaluate first choice alternatives first for each post, then second choice, and third choice and so on. Then I will post those on the team list in that order. 

However, you will not have more than 2 teams total to draft if you choose to do so.

But I don't want to draft two teams. Can I just draft one?

Yes of course! Simply just post something like this:

User: Donald Trump

Choice 1: Patriots

Why? They're all winners. And no one knows winners better than me. They're the best, believe me. Everyone else lost so badly, they don't know what to do anymore!

Sad!

Alternates: No one.

They're not bringing in their best, folks. 

Just state your first choice, then say "no one" or something to that extent as your alternative.

Can I just choose ONE team for my alternative?

No. You have to choose exactly three, or else you will not be getting a second pick in this draft.

This is so there's a lesser possibility another poster chooses all the teams you would like to draft for. It's relatively simple.

What if someone has my first choice already?

Sucks to suck, doesn't it.

Just kidding.

Simply choose another team. I won't hurt you for it if you edit your post to change to another team. Simply state EDIT and state your reason as "another person took my first choice ahead of me." 

Simple stuff.

Where's The List?

In the post below this.

On How The Draft Will Work:

How Will The Draft Work?

So basically, we will be following actual draft order on the day the draft will start (TBA). I will make a separate and new thread for this. We will also have a PM Group going for everyone involved, in which we will stay in contact with each other through there.

Basically, I will request and reiterate to the rest of the Huddle to avoid posting in the actual draft thread. A Huddler will post their draft choice in the order they're required to go, and so on. I will also like for everyone to post their analysis/explanation on the choice;

• 1. a brief summary on the kid,
  • 2. why you chose him,
  • 3. why they fit the team.

Here's an example:

User: Marty Hurney

Team: Cleveland Browns

Pick 1: Myles Garrett

Summary: Myles Garrett is basically Julius Peppers of 2017. He's a monster.

Why I choose him: Panthers drafted Julius Peppers under me. Hard to miss on a genetic monster freak. I never fail my top 5 picks.

Why He Fits: The Browns are a mess. He fits.

Post that, and the draft clock will reset to the next person ready to pick. 

How Do I Know When It's My Turn?

I'll have a "master thread" where I will post everyone's picks. I will update that thread, and the proper draft order will be in place there. Once I update a team, the next person is free to go. I will also alert everyone in the group PM for the next person to go. 

I may be busy and a bit slow when updating the list, but it'll likely only be a 3-4 hour wait, unless it's nighttime. I'll probably be asleep.

How Much Time Do I Have To Pick?

Good Question.

Everyone will have 24 hours to pick for their team. You can always submit your pick in less time, but you can't pick any further than 24 hours from the beginning of your clock. If you fail to pick in time, I will personally fill in your player either through:

a) Another mock draft's choice of player at that round. OR

b) BPA on the big board of my choosing.

You certainly don't want that. It'll take away the fun, and I'll be really ticked off I have to do extra work for this. 

If I miss one of my picks, can I still pick future picks?

Yep. Just be on time for the next ones.

But I can't stand the urge of not typing my opinion on someone's stupid draft choice! Where can I rant about this?

I will create a whole separate "mirror" thread that will have the same "master" thread, but will have a "DISCUSSION" title with it. This is where you can all input your ideas and what you like/dislike about what's going on.

Can We Trade? If So, How?

Yes! 

So basically, you can propose a trade in the PM Group chat during your 24 hours. Your trade will become void if there's 1 hour left on your clock and the other GM doesn't respond. Basically, you can trade draft picks for more draft picks. 

Simply ask in the group chat for a trade deal by tagging a GM you want to trade with, and then show them what you got. The GM will have to simply reply Yes, No, or a counter offer. 

Again, note that this is all null if there's no confirmed trade before the 1 hour is left on your clock.

I will be posting a trade value chart I think will help everyone stay educated on what validates a "worthy" trade. I will veto any trades that appear to be complete BS.

So, how can we help to make it work!

Just sign up and have fun! Nothing much to it, just do your part and we'll have a blast; I guarantee it.

If you have any suggestions about any rules or tips you want clarified/added, just let me know in this signup thread. I'd love feedback, and I truly think this will be a fun thing in the Huddle during the offseason.

Again, just make sure to signup using the format given above, and have fun!

------TL;DR------

• Pick A Team; Pick 2nd Choice w/ 3 alternates if necessary
  • You'll be in a group PM
  • Draft when it's your turn
  • Trades are okay; cannot be done with 1 hour left in draft slot for yourself.
  • Ask me questions

NOTICE (UPDATE):

I'm going to make things simpler. You can choose to pick one or two teams.

Make sure whatever team you choose isn't taken yet.

Choice 1: Team

Choice 2: Team

Here's the signup master list:

*Note this isn't the exact draft order; it's a list of all the NFL teams without consideration of the current trades:

1. Cleveland (1-15) Hoenheim
  2. San Francisco (2-14)Hoenheim
  3. Chicago (3-13)
  4. Jacksonville (3-13)
  5. Los Angeles Rams (4-12)
  6. New York Jets (5-11)
  7. Los Angeles Chargers (5-11) Kevin Greene
  8. Carolina (6-10) JawnyBlaze
  9. Cincinnati (6-9-1)
  10. Buffalo (7-9)
  11. New Orleans (7-9) Riverboat Ron
  12. Philadelphia (7-9)
  13. Arizona (7-8-1) JawnyBlaze
  14. Indianapolis (8-8)
  15. Minnesota (8-8)
  16. Baltimore (8-8)
  17. Washington (8-7-1)
  18. Tennessee (9-7) DaCityKats
  19. Tampa Bay (9-7)
  20. Denver (9-7) Saca312
  21. Detroit (9-7)
  22. Miami (10-6)
  23. New York Giants*(11-5)
  24. Oakland (12-4)
  25. Houston (9-7)
  26. Seattle (10-5-1) Stbugs
  27. Kansas City (12-4)
  28. Dallas (13-3)
  29. Green Bay (10-6) ncfan
  30. Pittsburgh (11-5)DaCityKats
  31. Atlanta (11-5) *Stbugs
  32. New England* (14-2)

The only team taken so far is the Broncos by me. All other teams are fair game. This will be updated as people begin signing up.

As soon as signup is finished, I will officially create a PM Group Message for everyone.

Alright, will reiterate what to do in this thread:

You can pick up to 2 teams.

Use the following format for future decisions:

Choice 1: Team

Alternates (in order of most preferred to least preferred)

1. Alt Team 1

2. Alt Team 2

3. Alt Team 3

Simple format to use. You don't have to do alternates, but will probably need people choosing for 2 teams.

Archived