• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andre Ellington will be a Free Agent this offseason

Daeavorn

1 minute ago, CRA said:

why would you be opposed to Gallman in the 4th or 5th?

Gallman can run hard inside and outside the tackles.  Good value if he were to be their especially in the 5th.  You want to improve your RB depth chart....the draft is where you do it and not free agency. 

We have Cam.  We aren't looking for install the Barry Sanders offense of having our RB be our entire offense.  Gallman had more success the last 2 years vs Bama than Fournette.   Building a good offense means a collectively good offense. 

Gallman also had arguably the best QB in CFB the last two years. LF had possibly the worst. Huge difference. Especially against strong teams.

4 hours ago, Daeavorn said:

Andre Ellington is running back that has been all but forgotten in Arizona thanks to the utter dominance of David Johnson. He's only 28 and is more of a speed guy than a power back. 

He can catch and he has less than 1500 total snaps in his career. 

If we don't draft a running back in the first couple rounds of the draft, what say the huddle on this guy? Would it be beneficial to go back to the style of running we used to back when we had Deangelo and Stewart? He could be a great 2 in a 1-2 punch.

1-2 punch only works with normal offense, with this bullshit read option base offense, it doesn't matter who's behind Cam, they can't succeed.

45 minutes ago, CRA said:

Gallman had more success the last 2 years vs Bama than Fournette

It's kind of easy when you have DeShaun Watson, and Saban can't defend against a QB that's College accurate and can run the ball.  It's common sense, really.  Fournette is a transcendent talent.  Wayne Gallman is a thank you for taking me to the promise land DeShaun Watson talent.      

12 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

1-2 punch only works with normal offense, with this bullshit read option base offense, it doesn't matter who's behind Cam, they can't succeed.

We haven't had a decent run blocking OL in years....

Yet we have had one of the more productive rush attacks for years using the bullpoo read option.

Only reason we could run was because of the bullpoo.  You want a real run game get a OL that can run block.

5 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

It's kind of easy when you have DeShaun Watson, and Saban can't defend against a QB that's College accurate and can run the ball.  It's common sense, really.  Fournette is a transcendent talent.  Wayne Gallman is a thank you for taking me to the promise land DeShaun Watson talent.      

all about having the best offense.   Means diverse and wide spread talent.

which is why Clemson's RB had more success than the transcendent talent that never appeared as such vs elite defenses.

Fournette isn't going to be some special player behind an OL that can't run block in the NFL.  You are building your offense wrong if you think a run game starts with a running back.  Until we can run block, I have zero interest in a big investment in RB.  Plus you have find runners with relative ease that can run behind a good OL....few other positions setup like that.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

We haven't had a decent run blocking OL in years....

Yet we have had one of the more productive rush attacks for years using the bullpoo read option.

Only reason we could run was because of the bullpoo.  You want a real run game get a OL that can run block.

If you look back to when we made the read option our base offense, that's when the numbers took a poo. Before it, Stewart and Williams balled out, and Cam would run wild out of passing plays, but now, defenses expect it and Shula isn't smart enough to change it... the OL blocked great this year for the little bit of plays we ran out of traditional  style, OL and RB look bad when Cam waits til denendwr is in his face to hand off to a RB that's already getting hit. 

Just now, CRA said:

all about having the best offense.   Means diverse and wide spread talent.

which is why Clemson's RB had more success than the transcendent talent that never appeared as such vs elite defenses.

Fournette isn't going to be some special player behind an OL that can't run block in the NFL.  

I do find it interesting that a Clemson fan, is vouching for a Clemson RB, that is rated below a Oklahoma RB named Perine, that didn't do as much as Gallman the past two years.  Please stop, dude.  Your bias is showing.

Also, you think Gallman can run behind a shitty offensive line?  When he's had nothing but talent to work with his whole College career?  WOW.   

4 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

If you look back to when we made the read option our base offense, that's when the numbers took a poo. Before it, Stewart and Williams balled out, and Cam would run wild out of passing plays, but now, defenses expect it and Shula isn't smart enough to change it... the OL blocked great this year for the little bit of plays we ran out of traditional  style, OL and RB look bad when Cam waits til denendwr is in his face to hand off to a RB that's already getting hit. 

Shula is smart enough to know we literally have zero run game without it.  OL can't execute basic runs with any form of consistency.  

We had better run blockers in 2011.  OL has deteriorated since Cam has been here.   

You can call Shula a thousand names (some are legit) ...but one thing Mike Shula knows how to do is run and work up good basic run schemes.  We just don't have the talent up front to run.  

9 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I do find it interesting that a Clemson fan, is vouching for a Clemson RB, that is rated below a Oklahoma RB named Perine, that didn't do as much as Gallman the past two years.  Please stop, dude.  Your bias is showing.

Also, you think Gallman can run behind a shitty offensive line?  When he's had nothing but talent to work with his whole College career?  WOW.   

well two things.

1.  I am a Clemson fan advocating AGAINST a Clemson RB in Ellington as I do not support finding RB in FA

2.  I am advocating that Gallman would be of could potential value if he fell on the LATE side of his projection

That isn't' exactly being a super homer.

I don't think any RB will run well behind a shitty OL.  Hence why I advocate a value pick at the position in the draft.   Bigger fish to fry in terms of improving our offense first and foremost.  My stance is we should add a RB in the draft and not do it in the top 3 rounds. 

So I will be happy to talk about any RB projected in rounds 4-5. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

well two things.

1.  I am a Clemson fan advocating AGAINST a Clemson RB in Ellington as I do not support finding RB in FA

2.  I am advocating that Gallman would be of could potential value if he feel on the LATE side of his projection

That isn't' exactly being a super homer.

I don't think any RB will run well behind a shitty OL.  Hence why I advocate a value pick at the position in the draft.   Bigger fish to fry in terms of improving our offense first and foremost.

I think our interior could mask the issues of the tackles again.  So, not completely worried about Fournette finding holes behind our line.  

1 minute ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I think our interior could mask the issues of the tackles again.  So, not completely worried about Fournette finding holes behind our line.  

well then we simply disagree on the state of our OL and their ability. 

I also don't think our interior really makes up for that much big picture.  Their job just gets harder and they are less effective when defenses know what's up.

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

Shula is smart enough to know we literally have zero run game without it.  OL can't execute basic runs with any form of consistency.  

We had better run blockers in 2011.  OL has deteriorated since Cam has been here.   

You can call Shula a thousand names (some are legit) ...but one thing Mike Shula knows how to do is run and work up good basic run schemes.  We just don't have the talent up front to run.  

Also... this past years OL needs a ***

Ridiculous how many injuries... blame it on personnel,  poor talent, poor conditioning, but what we had this year for an OL was not NFL caliber

6 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

Also... this past years OL needs a ***

Ridiculous how many injuries... blame it on personnel,  poor talent, poor conditioning, but what we had this year for an OL was not NFL caliber

meh,

I mean you can be so weak at some spots that the injury excuse doesn't really apply IMO.   It is just a reshuffle.   Big picture.

The one OL injury that we could of legitimately cried about was when Kalil went down and his backups actually stepped up to the job.  Both OT were bad fully healthy.

I still think much of the "perceived" decline from 2015 to 2016 wasn't injury related but scheme related.  Teams didn't sit back and let Shula help his OL out which he did all season in 2015.   Can't scheme around a scheme around.  Gotta fix the talent.

Archived