• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FA Target: Barry Church, SS

Mr. Miagi

57 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Berry is 28. You're only talking roughly 13 months difference. 

Yes i would rather draft or sign a younger player.. to pair with Coleman.. Like Jefferson, Sweirenger, or Cyprien.. (probably spelled names wrong)..

Not to mention one is elite and the other isn't plus Berry has 2 less years of wear and tear on his body due to the Cancer experience..  So it's not the same situation..

19 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yes i would rather draft or sign a younger player.. to pair with Coleman.. Like Jefferson, Sweirenger, or Cyprien.. (probably spelled names wrong)..

Not to mention one is elite and the other isn't plus Berry has 2 less years of wear and tear on his body due to the Cancer experience..  So it's not the same situation..

I understand you wanting to sign a younger player, but in my opinion a younger player will have growing pains regardless, so signing another veteran in the secondary is not a bad thing. Moreover, Church may not be as good as Berry whom PFF ranked the best safety out there, but it's not like he's dog meat as the ninth best rated safety either. Lastly, from what I am looking at, they both came in in 2010, and there are only 4 games difference between them, so it's not necessarily accurate to say that "Berry has two less years of wear and tear" on his body.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Berry is 28. You're only talking roughly 13 months difference. 

IDK..... Berry is on another level than Church. I'm willing to concede those 13 months for the calibre of player that Berry is versus Church.

Church is a good SAF, but he is no Eric Berry. 29 is a bit old for me too if I'm getting my pref on pick for SAF. Now, it's not a dealbreaker if we get good value on the contract, but I'd prefer someone a little bit younger if possible. 

1 hour ago, Soul Rebel said:

IDK..... Berry is on another level than Church. I'm willing to concede those 13 months for the calibre of player that Berry is versus Church.

Church is a good SAF, but he is no Eric Berry. 29 is a bit old for me too if I'm getting my pref on pick for SAF. Now, it's not a dealbreaker if we get good value on the contract, but I'd prefer someone a little bit younger if possible. 

29 is old for a running back, not safety. Shaking my head. Shaking my head. Rookie fans 

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

I like Jefferson, Swearinger and Cyprien. 

But, Jefferson had just one good year and he's a smaller guy. He does play bigger than his size and pretty well at the line. 

Swearinger been on 3 or 4 teams. Finally showed some flashes in Arizona. 

Now, to Cyprien. Jags fan don't want him back. He's a huge liability in the passing game. 

After Berry, it's Church and then TJ McDonald. 

You're here talking "age" like Church is a running back about to hit 30 and out of gas. 

Oh my fukcn' god. Shaking my head 

Archived