• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do the Saints poo out salary cap?

SgtJoo

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

They've been in cap hell the last 3 years, like worst cap situation in the NFL, its why they got rid of Jimmy Graham. Heck they still have 19m in dead money now, last year I believe they were closer to 40m

Its also why they are trying to move cooks. They can't pay him.

Just now, Snake said:

Its also why they are trying to move cooks. They can't pay him.

They don't have to pay him yet. They're trying to move him because they just drafted another stud wide receiver last year, and need more pieces on defense. They probably also realize that with Brees they can move the ball without elite talent on offense.

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

If we draft Fournette, Stewart would be expendable and save 6m, and Oher post June 1st would be 4.5. That's 10m we could clear really fast, I think we started today around $30m tho we won't know anything till some of these contracts get announced.

I'm no cap guru but in swapping them, what would Fournette's rookie salary be? Last year's #8 pick (Jack Conklin) got $16 million so that's 3.20/year? So swapping Stew for Fournette would only net us 3 million. But 3 million is 3 million

5 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

I'm no cap guru but in swapping them, what would Fournette's rookie salary be? Last year's #8 pick (Jack Conklin) got $16 million so that's 3.20/year? So swapping Stew for Fournette would only net us 3 million. But 3 million is 3 million

I generally don't count the rookies against the cap, their salaries are fixed and there isn't any flexibility there. 

Archived