• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

fournette vs mccaffrey

juliosantos

If Fournette is the guy they covet, and he's gone at 8 then they need to make a move.  I would be ok with McCaffery, but would prefer to trade down 4-6 spots and get another 2nd rounder or even a 3rd.  I think he is still there at 12-14, which still may be a reach, but probably safe if he's the next guy they like.

The versatility and big play ability of McCaffery would be worth the pick, we need an injection of explosiveness to this offense.

If we move back saints will take him at 11

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'll take McCaffrey at 8 and someone like Carlos Henderson in the second over moving up for Fournette and losing draft picks.  That's just to move up a few spots, if we try trade up to 2 that would take a lot of draft capital.

A lot of the people around here that want Fournette so bad are probably the same ones who complain about RR being so predictable.

I have this fear that if we draft Fournette we will become more predictable. I can see it now, we'll run on first and second down and sooner or later some team is going to stack the box and get us into 3rd and long and Cam will have to hold the ball too long and another sack.

Maybe drafting McCaffrey will force us to evolve.  Either way we need to draft some playmaking types that can help spread the field.  The only guy that we had that did that we let walk(Ginn).

I can see it now, KB, Funchess, Olsen, Dickson and Fournette on the field at the same time. 

I understand why Fournette is thought of so highly and long term I can see him being a really good pick.   But is really going to change our offense that much over a health Stewart in the short term?

if history is any indication of Gettlemans philosphy or mind set about trading for a player highly enamored with then Fournette will be a Panther at two...

furthermore,i myself dont prefer having rookies that are drafted and then cut at the end of camp. DGs rookies for the most part irregardless of what happens in camp aren't cut in order to allow them additional time to develop and become adjusted to the speed differential and other nuances at this level of competition..,Fournette (best player in the draft) plays at a pro bowl level or even has a 1000 yard season in an offense that compliments his skill set,and Shulas game plan along with four or five draft picks plus the UDFAs should be more than enough kids to add to an already talented roster

ooops...wrong thread,but i will go ahead and leave it here since DG isn't drafting McCaffey anyway...

I dont think Shula can screw up with mccraffey. Even without creativity he can be the checkdown safety valve everytime on the field. Cam's whole career the only safety blanket he ever had was olsen and if that didnt work he had to scramble.  We already know stew will keep doing the power runs. Mccraffey can be a block and release guy almost every play. it will be nice to see 2 back sets........This isnt likely with fournette, I see fournette as the third down back and then stews replacement if we released him in the future. I love both players, one we have more creativity and the other more bruising power to keep pounding.

Archived