• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Difference Between the Carolina Franchises

Mother Grabber

well you can't ignore stats, and the true stats are that hockey is behind NFL, MLB, and NBA in viewership way behind at #4 despite moving many franchises to the south and west. Their ticket prices are the highest of the top 4 because they dont' get the TV money the top 3 get and need the ticket revenue to pay the top players.....

With those stats known, having gone to years of NHL games in Pittsburgh and NFL games in Carolina I have to rank the in game experience equal.....but alas there is little if no tailgating for hockey, so therefore the total gameday experience of NFL pwnts NHL.

My-My-My-Is mamas little boy having a temper tantrum?:cryin:

No use to get mad because you don't have good seats. Maybe ole Ronald McDonald will give you a raise and you can buy some good PSL's and improve your disposition.:D

Hee hee! Its always funny when someone that doesn't even own psls calls someone else cheap. Are you trying to hide your jealousy son? Because you're not doing a very good job :)

Maybe he is smart consider he is going to sporting events instead of just one. BTW Upper level has good seats if you're not to lazy to climb the ramps.

I purchased lower level PSL's (section 130 Row 10) on day one.

I have set in the upper level middle with friends on occasions when i let a

business client use my seats and the view was OK.

However i wouldn't want to sit in the corners or very high in the upper level.

My only problem with the Hurricanes is that they play hockey. Other than that, it seems like a fine franchise and a way to make transplanted Yankees and Canadians feel at home down here.

Now if you want to compare the Panthers to the Bobcats, well... gotta give it to the Panthers, hands down.

Hidden

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I purchased lower level PSL's (section 130 Row 10) on day one.

I have set in the upper level middle with friends on occasions when i let a

business client use my seats and the view was OK.

However i wouldn't want to sit in the corners or very high in the upper level.

Ive sat in the lower levels 4 different times. I didnt think the experience was any better or worse than sitting in the nose bleeds. The fans were definitely more boring but thats about it.

The main difference is the Panthers are in a league and sport that people like and understand.A sport you can play with your kids,family and friends anywhere,not in the frig or freezer
No one is comparing the sports. We're comparing the franchises and how they are being run. Its seriously night and day.

Ive sat in the lower levels 4 different times. I didnt think the experience was any better or worse than sitting in the nose bleeds. The fans were definitely more boring but thats about it.

By sitting in the lower level you get a better view and are closer to the action,thus the higher preimum on the ticket prices.

The lower level seems to have more of the transit type fans,ones that only come to a game ot two a year.Plus the lower level fans appear to be older and not as loud or rowdy as the upper level crowd.I usually see,or saw,more heavy drinking in the upper level,so this endeavor,and the youth factor may contribute to the difference in actions and noise created between the two levels.

I suppose BOA personal seating is based on ones preference and determined by their financial capability to purchase affordable seats.

No one is comparing the sports. We're comparing the franchises and how they are being run. Its seriously night and day.

hockey sucks,you will see,where i lived they kept trying to bring it in,and it was popular each time as a get drunk type thing,or social event,then everytime the new wore off,gone.hockey belongs up north where we are not committed to it like them.it will be gone here soon.it stayed longer cause yall won

hockey sucks,you will see,where i lived they kept trying to bring it in,and it was popular each time as a get drunk type thing,or social event,then everytime the new wore off,gone.hockey belongs up north where we are not committed to it like them.it will be gone here soon.it stayed longer cause yall won

The team left the north and came to the south where they are getting much better fan support. Most hockey teams dont do well in the south but its really a huge thing in raleigh. Its all one huge party! Much bigger than the NFL is here in charlotte. There is WAY WAY WAY more tailgating and WAY more passion for that team than at the panther games. Its absolutely awesome and sad at the same time. No hockey team should ever get that much better fan support than an NFL team. The panthers and the fans have ways to go. I bet the panthers leave charlotte before the canes ever leave Raleigh.

My only problem with the Hurricanes is that they play hockey. Other than that, it seems like a fine franchise and a way to make transplanted Yankees and Canadians feel at home down here.

Now if you want to compare the Panthers to the Bobcats, well... gotta give it to the Panthers, hands down.

Absolutely true. I've been to the hockey games and they're okay, they're just sorta gimmicky. They're played on ice, for one thing, which is kind of strange; why would you want to play sports on ice? Also, the only reason it's hard to score is because the goalie gets to wear giant freaking pads that effectively double his width and make him look like a Transformer. That said, good for us for supporting the hockey team better than Hartford could, just wish we had gotten a MLB team instead.

I feel like you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Just because YOU don't like hockey doesn't mean no one does. The 'Canes will be in Raleigh for quite some time.

Archived