• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our Safeties & Giants TE & just general thoughts

raleigh-panther

I look for the two Giants TEs to get a lot of looks on Sunday...Kevin Boss, seems to be Eli's new safety net with Burress out.

It seems the Panthers don't seem to make TEs a priority...they did better the last two games, I think its going to be imperative this game.

Tight coverage imperative too...Turgovac worries me with his play off the ball..none of those Giants receivers are scarey enough for that from a speed perspective.

I'm most worried about Godrey on TE coverage and deep balls...he had a good game last week, but, in a few games he's looked lost....hopefully, extra film time for him this week will fix that.

Fox has a good record against the Giants and against Coughlin, he knows Giants stadium's and its nuances in bad weather.

I think so much of this is going to be our offense vs. their defense...the longer we are on the field the less time we have to worry about Jacobs and Kemo's absence.

I think, too, the Panthers have a great chance in this game, if they stay within themselves, no mistakes and offensively, they have Smith and the Giants have nothing close to him. Run the ball, PAP to Smith and Muhammed or a back, and if that works, the Panthers will win this game.

Regardless, let's hope for a few losses by some folks and no injuries...stating the obvious.

Should be a great game. Giants are tough team.

IMO I have a sneaky feeling that Kemo is gonna play. He practiced the last day and is questionable for the game. They never siged anyone from the PS and with the possibility of Gibson being out i would feel they would have done that if kemo was gonna be out.

I think we have done a good job as far as the TE is concerned, much better than recent years. Quick passes have often offset our zone and if the pass rush doesnt get there, then we have really struggled. I would imagine our D playing run first while playing close to the LOS. No Kemo hurts on run plays but we picked up from the Giants and use a 3rd end to rush from one of the middle spots in passing situations. The best point was how Fox plays the Giants and Coughlin. People think that the Giants are used to playing in this weather, and make ignorant statements such as "they play in that weather all year." Well it has recently just gotten really cold to a point that matters and they practiced in 90 degree weather this summer. Eli is from the SEC that never goes out of their comfort zone, and they practice indoors. The wind will play a factor for both teams and both could struggle because of it.

Archived