• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Kickers in the draft

Moorgan

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I doubt we draft a kicker, but I do expect a priority UDFA at least to compete with again. Gino needs to earn his job. He's paid too much to miss so many crucial kicks.

Being a NC native, common sense says Davis is an UDFA shoe in, but using a late pick would give an extra year on the contract and ensure no one else drafts him or woos him.  Gano, obviously, must go.

23 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Sure. I'd like to get him as UDFA too, but he's projected in the 4th. While I'd rather use later picks, I wouldn't be mad at a 4th.

im of the same mind. would rather spend a 5th or 6th, but he is worth a 4th if we are afraid he wont make it to the 5th. i really dont think he will make it to our pick in the 6th

Just now, thebigcat said:

Not even when the one on your roster easily cost you 2 out of 16 games.... I don't know of a fourth round pick that can have a greater game impact

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The best kicker should be available at round 6 if you absolutely have to draft a kicker.

Unless you're the Bucs and fugging retarded and trade up in the 2nd round for one.

35 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

I think I remember reading in a Newton article that Carolina has never drafted a kicker. Ever.

And, in the two times we actually did make the big game our kickers $hat the bed.  The time is now.

26 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Gano receives a lot of hate, which is surprising considering that he's a good kicker. 

Fans love to hate kickers.

One job.  That he's paid crazy good, league top tier money (more than most will ever see), to do, and he absolutely sucks at it (<80% for a career).

Anyone that loves Gano must eat $hit sandwiches for breakfast.

25 minutes ago, Nails said:

One job.  That he's paid crazy good, league top tier money (more than most will ever see), to do, and he absolutely sucks at it (<80% for a career).

if you have a problem with how much you getting paid then you are obviously watching the wrong sport

11 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

if you have a problem with how much you getting paid then you are obviously watching the wrong sport

NFL players make what they make due to supply and demand, and because they can.  I have a problem with what GaNO makes because it's utterly absurd.

Steven Hauschka was nicknamed "Hausch" money for years in Seattle, was a vital part of their recent run, and was cut because he choked multiple times last year and they thought they could get better value.  Get this-last year he STILL had a better FG % than ANY year in GaNO's career!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48 minutes ago, Nails said:

81.883%

That is the career completion of the best kicker in franchise history. 

proves fans often talk out of their asses. 

Go kick rocks.

Archived