• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Praying for the best or hoping for the worst

Mr. Scot

Be honest when you answer this.

Assuming that turning things around to the point of winning a Super Bowl is not a possibility...

(an incorrect assumption, but for the sake of discussion)

Would you prefer to see the rest of the season play out as fair to good, giving us something to build on and hope for going into next season...

OR

Would you rather see the rest of the season be such a dismal failure that it forces a change of coach, GM or both?

Tell the truth.

Be honest when you answer this.

Assuming that turning things around to the point of winning a Super Bowl is not a possibility...

(an incorrect assumption, but for the sake of discussion)

Would you prefer to see the rest of the season play out as fair to good, giving us something to build on and hope for going into next season...

OR

Would you rather see the rest of the season be such a dismal failure that it forces a change of coach, GM or both?

Tell the truth.

Really?

I'm ready for a new staff, personally. If we end up going 8-8, and JR still somehow feels that John Fox and his staff are the best for the job, then that's what we got.

I never want to see these guys lose, and it's impossible to say what's better for the long-term future. Considering the fact that we don't even have a 1st round pick, rooting for the losses is pretty pointless, imo.

I see Fox and co. getting relieved of their duties at season's end barring some kind of Disney movie playoff berth. I think he even finds his way out if he reaches 7-9. I'd rather see these guys go out and play hard and win some games, though. Even if it does end up being younger players getting experience.

I would rather see the team win. I still think changes need to be made in the coaching staff. When the Panthers win I am a happier person on Monday mornings, gives me something to brag about at work.(I live in VA) I really hope they turn things around after the bye.

OR

Tell the truth.

If the team's 9-7 but Fox loses the locker room, it's time to bring in a new head coach. If the team's 5-11 but the players are truly willing to continue to follow John Fox, then he gets another season.

As for Marty Hurney, I have the feeling that he'll have the same fate as Fox.

The day I choose the latter option is the day I can no longer call myself a true fan. Being critical of the team is one thing but to actually want the team to fail... :nonod:

If the team's 9-7 but Fox loses the locker room, it's time to bring in a new head coach. If the team's 5-11 but the players are truly willing to continue to follow John Fox, then he gets another season.

You have to wonder if maybe the players (or if not, when?) get the feeling they are possibly playing for a lame duck. If so, he may have already lost the locker room.

I would never pull for my team to lose. i want it to play out like it is supposed to and in the end when i see what has happened i will make my decision on what i want the panthers to do to improve. I am not happy with the current situation and am done with Jake, but im not sure how much of the other things fall on the coaches. It is too soon to give up on the defense as a whole because the guys have had injuries and dont fully understand their role in this D. also meeks has to find out what his new guys can do and cant do. he is used to freeney and those guys and he know that 3rd and 8 he might not need to blitz to get pressure. but with us he might need to bring someone else. so to judge the d after 3 bad games where the offense sucked and kept them on the feild all game isnt to fair. we have alot of talent and it will show up and win some games still this year. I think we might need new coaches but i want to see how it plays out. i would deff be looking at a better QB and DT next year.

Archived