• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA Observations Day 2

5 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Ok, I'm not excited for a dropped pass in may.  What is interesting is that coaches/players feel the need to rush to KB to pat him on the back for trying.

Its obvious they are trying to motivate him, but why is a 1st round #1 WR so ho-hum about his work that the head coach has to personally congratulate hustle?

I don't necessarily think that it's wise to assume that they're patting him on the back for trying due to his current issues, but rather because he's giving the type of effort where he lays it all on the line (literally) in OTAs which will only inspire other players to do the same.

17 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

That's why he went undrafted. He plays like a beast, he just didn't have the measurables.

Boulware - 6'0" 238

TD - 6'1" 236

Shaq - 6'0" 230

Beason - 6'0" 238

Lavonte David - 6'1" 234

Patrick Willis - 6'1" 240

Physical size didn't have anything to do with Boulware going undrafted. Sure, ideally you'd want him to be 2-3" taller but tons of very successful NFL LBs are very similarly sized compared to Boulware. Luke is just a prototype. He's pretty much exactly what a LB coach would draw up both in terms of stature and athleticism if he was to sit down and draw up an ideal 4-3 MLB on paper. Boulware just lacks NFL athleticism. I'm rooting for him, but he reminds me a lot of a lesser version of former Wake Forest LB Jon Abbate. The guy was one helluva college LB and everyone knew he wasn't the best of athletes at the NFL level but then his workout performances exposed just how athletically limited he truly was. He barely got more than a cup of coffee in the NFL. Similarly, Boulware was a very productive college LB who everyone knew wasn't the best of athletes, but he didn't test out quite as dreadfully as Abbate did. His workouts pretty much confirmed what everyone already suspected - he's a well below average athlete for an NFL LB. That doesn't mean he can't be successful but he's definitely got an uphill battle ahead of him. We'll see. I'm rooting for the guy. 

Archived