• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA Observations Day 2

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-OTA-Observations-Day-2/1549449d-dbfb-4e86-ac7c-14cec38209a7

• Daryl Williamsicon-article-link.gif got some extended work at left tackle, with rookie Taylor Motonicon-article-link.gif manning the right tackle spot.
  • I would love to see Williams start getting good enough at LT to back up both sides and for Moton to take over at RT.

Does anybody know what's going on with Samuel? 

Here are some pics too, complete with action shots of helmets on the ground, lol. http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/photo-gallery/Photos-OTAs-Week-1/069aa59b-6564-4e1c-9e21-f0ff95ca59c6

5 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-OTA-Observations-Day-2/1549449d-dbfb-4e86-ac7c-14cec38209a7

• Daryl Williamsicon-article-link.gif got some extended work at left tackle, with rookie Taylor Motonicon-article-link.gif manning the right tackle spot.
  • I would love to see Williams start getting good enough at LT to back up both sides and for Moton to take over at RT.

Does anybody know what's going on with Samuel? 

Don't want to speculate, but when a rookie misses time like this it sounds like a family member passed away. 

3 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Don't want to speculate, but when a rookie misses time like this it sounds like a family member passed away. 

I tend to agree.  For a rookie to be missing valuable practice time, it's got to be something fairly serious when "personal family issues" is referenced.  Wish the best for him and his family whatever the scenario is.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on this part...

• Speaking of Benjamin, it was a near-miss that earned him the most praise from coaches and teammates. Benjamin performed a full-extension dive in an attempt to reel in an overthrown pass against the sideline. The ball came loose as his body struck the ground, but several people, including Rivera, rushed over to applaud the impressive effort.

If that had been about KB's weight, there would be three pages on it already.

19 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Hmmm.

Assistant defensive backs/safeties coach Richard Rodgers was extremely excited about an alert play from safety Mike Adamsicon-article-link.gif. The veteran newcomer perfectly plastered to Funchess during a scramble situation to help force an incompletion.

Hopefully, Adams has at least two more good season in him.

24 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

• Speaking of Benjamin, it was a near-miss that earned him the most praise from coaches and teammates. Benjamin performed a full-extension dive in an attempt to reel in an overthrown pass against the sideline. The ball came loose as his body struck the ground, but several people, including Rivera, rushed over to applaud the impressive effort.

You know that its human nature to harp on the negative. Like I've been saying for MONTHS, Kelvin will be fine.

30 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

You know that its human nature to harp on the negative. Like I've been saying for MONTHS, Kelvin will be fine.

Yep.  KB is the least of my worries.  I'm having a hard time deciding whether people legitimately think he sucks / is a bust or if it's just providing them with something to talk about when there isn't much else?

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Effort- YAY!

Outcome- Drop

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

If that's all you can add to the conversation, then why even bother?

Ok, I'm not excited for a dropped pass in may.  What is interesting is that coaches/players feel the need to rush to KB to pat him on the back for trying.

Its obvious they are trying to motivate him, but why is a 1st round #1 WR so ho-hum about his work that the head coach has to personally congratulate hustle?

Archived