• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones Season 7

Darth Biscuit

12 hours ago, Goondal said:

Holy poo, that person put a lot of work into that.

Yea, way too much. That's Reddit for you, though.

11 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

5 days on that rock with no heat source, they would have been frozen solid.

As Panthro said, fire sword! I'm more skeptical of food and water.

11 hours ago, Moorgan said:

While I appreciate the work that went into that, did anyone get the impression they were surrounded for 5 days? Seemed more like 1 Night to me. Not that I really care that much about time warps...that much.

I also didn't get that impression and, like you, I didn't care too much. That dude explaining the time warp put my mind at ease a  little bit, but it still seemed too far fetched.

11 hours ago, twylyght said:

Not if Hound and Tormund cuddle.  Feel the love

Gives a new meaning to what Tormund said earlier in the episode. :thinking:

On 8/21/2017 at 9:22 AM, Moorgan said:

OK so I really think Arya is deliberately being a jerk to force Littlefinger to reveal his plan to turn the sisters against each other, which will allow Arya to kill him and Sansa will approve when his scheming is revealed. Otherwise, she is suddenly dumb and emotional and being a jerk for no reason. Everything up until this point has shown us that she should be smarter than that. I mean that letter from Sansa was read aloud to several people and the lords of the north are very familiar with the concept of children being used as hostages by controlling families. Why would revealing that letter be of any threat whatsoever? It isn't. So Arya is hopefully just counter scheming Littlefinger because she shouldn't be that dumb.

There were a lot of plot lines being formed in this weeks episode, and I'm getting kinda nervous about my favorite "player" Arya.  She just isn't accustomed to the "politics" that she is getting involved with...much like Ned not too long ago.

Bolded is what I typed after last weeks episode.  Either Arya has no idea what she is doing, or she knows exactly what she is doing.

That scene with Sansa just seemed odd to me.  Why not just both of you just sit down and have an adult conversation?  Maybe someone can fill me in on the point of that exchange, because I can't quite figure it out.

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

There were a lot of plot lines being formed in this weeks episode, and I'm getting kinda nervous about my favorite "player" Arya.  She just isn't accustomed to the "politics" that she is getting involved with...much like Ned not too long ago.

Bolded is what I typed after last weeks episode.  Either Arya has no idea what she is doing, or she knows exactly what she is doing.

That scene with Sansa just seemed odd to me.  Why not just both of you just sit down and have an adult conversation?  Maybe someone can fill me in on the point of that exchange, because I can't quite figure it out.

Here is my HOPE for what is happening.

Arya has figured out that Littlefinger is trying to manipulate Sansa for his own gains (surprise). She watched him speaking with different people and Northern Lords all over Winterfell. She also knows that Littlefinger watched her retrieve Sansa's email from the mattress. That she was meant to find it. She read it and realized that he is trying to sow discord between Sansa and Arya so that Arya will be ignored in the power struggle and his manipulation of Sansa gets him what he wants.

So, since Arya has figured this out, she has decided to play along as if she doesn't know she's being manipulated, in order to bring the situation to a boiling point where she can then out Littlefinger for trying to manipulate Sansa. At which point, when Sansa can see plainly that she was manipulated by Littlefinger against Arya and maybe even against Jon too, Arya can kill Littlefinger and Sansa will be ok with it.

In the end, Arya is wearing the face of the hardened little sister who's still bitter about Sansa wearing pretty dresses...in order to catch Littlefinger in his manipulation of Sansa so that she can kill him without upsetting the applecart of Sansa, Jon and the Northern Lords/The Reach.

16 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Arya has figured out that Littlefinger is trying to manipulate Sansa for his own gains (surprise). She watched him speaking with different people and Northern Lords all over Winterfell. She also knows that Littlefinger watched her retrieve Sansa's email from the mattress. That she was meant to find it. She read it and realized that he is trying to sow discord between Sansa and Arya so that Arya will be ignored in the power struggle and his manipulation of Sansa gets him what he wants.

So, since Arya has figured this out, she has decided to play along as if she doesn't know she's being manipulated, in order to bring the situation to a boiling point where she can then out Littlefinger for trying to manipulate Sansa. At which point, when Sansa can see plainly that she was manipulated by Littlefinger against Arya and maybe even against Jon too, Arya can kill Littlefinger and Sansa will be ok with it.

In the end, Arya is wearing the face of the hardened little sister who's still bitter about Sansa wearing pretty dresses...in order to catch Littlefinger in his manipulation of Sansa so that she can kill him without upsetting the applecart of Sansa, Jon and the Northern Lords/The Reach.

This is the obvious thing and based on the fact that this entire season all the obvious plot lines have played out, I think it is in fact what will happen.

Arya is playing LF and using Sansa to do so and she'll expose his game and end up probably killing him somehow.

I mean, what other useful point does the whole Arya/Sansa thing serve if not that?

37 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

That's my hope as well, I'm just not sure that Arya has the political prowess to pull it off.  That seems like an awfully intricate plan for girl who has spent much time training, but little time dealing with the cut throats that have been hovering around the throne for a while now.

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

That's my hope as well, I'm just not sure that Arya has the political prowess to pull it off.  That seems like an awfully intricate plan for girl who has spent much time training, but little time dealing with the cut throats that have been hovering around the throne for a while now.

I think she spent time training for exactly this. Part of not having a name is being able to take the face of anyone. She's extremely well equipped to play this game...just not in the way others do. At least that's my take on it.

53 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

It's funny reading all of this about Arya by people who've read the Spoiler for next week, lol.

I avoid spoilers like the plague. I appreciate that @Bronn uses that function so I can skip over it. I'm going basically by what I think or hope will happen.

I read today that the finale is 81 mins long... Good stuff...

I went back and reread all the spoilers and I think we'll get some very good scenes to close out the year. It just feels like it has flown by now, though, and I'm ready for season 8 lol.

Archived