• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2017 Huddle Candy Draft

Jeremy Igo

Reese's  going #1 is no brainer.. i was eating those in the womb.. Thanx Mom!

The real question for  comes at #2   Do i go with the Franchise Bag of M&Ms for Consistency or do i go for the Candy with a higher ceiling in Skittles ... Survey says...

1. Reese's

2. Skittles

3. Peanut Butter M&Ms

4. Laffy Taffy (Great Combine and Pro Day moved Taffy up)

5.  Snickers

6. Jolly Ranchers  (would have made top 5 but someone had to trade up and take Taffy)

4 minutes ago, Bronn said:

My top 10 big board:

1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
2. Sour Patch Kids
3. Sweet Tarts
4. Watchamacallit
5. Cherry Sours
6. Smarties
7. Peanut M&M's
8. Skittles
9. Sweet Tart Ropes
10. Nerds

Smarties will go undrafted. Wait to get them as a Undrafted Free Agent.

My only problem with Jolly Ranchers is that sometimes they can get a little rough around the edges when you crunch into them. That and the fact that you buy a bag for your favorite flavor (say Orange or Fruit Punch) and come away with only two or three in the bag... That's a poor investment, and you'll likely be left with sub-par returns...

4 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Exactly... Why miss out on a first round tarty talent when there will be chocolate there in later rounds?

As you can see on my top 10, I really only see 3 chocolates in the top ten, and one is already off the board.

Common sense GMs strike now for the sweet, tangy, tarty goodness...

I have heard rumors that Starbursts are also high up on some boards, but they are just outside my top 10.

I have all taffy based candies as mid round prospects. In modern candy offenses, the role of candies that stick to teeth excessively are seeing significantly reduced roles under the new CBA. (Candy biting agreement)

Just now, mjligon said:

Sweet tarts are high on your board @Bronn hope it is the chewy kind.

the original sweet tart will also go unstaffed with Smarties

They messed the flavors up when they added green and more yellow, but old school Sweet Tarts (the hard ones) will always be HOF for me.

Smarties just never lets you down, unless you get some of those dollar store ones that have been repackaged.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pick 2 - The original Plan M&M's - So versatile this candy is. Trips, movies, or just at home. Individual morsels that melt in your mouth, not in your hand. Pure genius. 

Original Plain M&Ms are the prototypical QB. Nothing flashy, but solid. My taste is for a little more flash in my M&Ms with Peanut. Still, solid choice. No complaints here.

Archived