• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2017/18 Season Thread

Ja  Rhule

West Brom’s Darren Moore wins Manager if the Month the same day his team get relegated. Ouch!

I’ve been to probably 4-5 Arsenal games this year and the whole defence needs shipping out. In Europe and the other cups I feel Arsenal have actually been playing good attacking football, but in the league they resort back to their mind-numbing endless passing around the box.

2 hours ago, rodeo said:

City set the record for most points in a season, most goals in a season, and most games won in a season.

win on Sunday and they'll break 100 points

Magical season.  Hard to repeat success in EPL so next year they can prove doubters wrong.

On 5/10/2018 at 5:14 PM, pantherphan96 said:

Arsenal still without a point in away games in 2018-- if they could get results away from the Emirates they'd be top 4 easily.

Arsenal has one of the worst Ds in EPL but top 3 attack.  There is going to be an exodus on Arsenal D.  I expect to have a completely new back 4 in few months.  The problem with Arsenal D, it’s not built for EPL...  it’s built for LaLiga...  Arsenal back 4 consists of smallish fast guys who get straight up outmuscled in EPL.  That’s how clueless Wenger has been over the years.

52 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Arsenal has one of the worst Ds in EPL but top 3 attack.  There is going to be an exodus on Arsenal D.  I expect to have a completely new back 4 in few months.  The problem with Arsenal D, it’s not built for EPL...  it’s built for LaLiga...  Arsenal back 4 consists of smallish fast guys who get straight up outmuscled in EPL.  That’s how clueless Wenger has been over the years.

Seems like a lot of recent transfers just aren't good fits in the team. Xhaka, Mustafi and Bellerin all seem to be inconsistent at best and massive liabilities at worst. Not sure how much of that is on the manager though. Ozil seems to be just as uninterested as Sanchez was before leaving as well. Mavropanos seems to be one of the lone bright spots in the back 4 despite the red card against Leicester.

15 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

Seems like a lot of recent transfers just aren't good fits in the team. Xhaka, Mustafi and Bellerin all seem to be inconsistent at best and massive liabilities at worst. Not sure how much of that is on the manager though. Ozil seems to be just as uninterested as Sanchez was before leaving as well. Mavropanos seems to be one of the lone bright spots in the back 4 despite the red card against Leicester.

This.

Mustafi,  Xhaka and Bellarin make a ton of mistakes every game.  Just awful to watch.  Will be interesting to see what new coach does.

4 hours ago, Fenrir said:

Salah breaks the EPL single-season goal record. Absolutely incredible. Liverpool have to find a way to keep him this offseason. 

I think they will.  Don’t see anyone going nuts for him just yet.  Just one good year.

Biggest title-winning margin

Tied earliest title win

Most points & 100 points

Most goals

Most wins

Most consecutive wins

Most away wins

Best goal difference

Highest average possession

Most completed passes

Most consecutive manager of the month awards

What an amazing season to witness and what a way to win at the end for 100 points!

Archived