• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Danny Morrison hired by University of South Carolina

therealmjl

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, well that's nice and all, but that kinda makes it worse. You ironically could have kept your original title, but changed it loosely to "USC," then let some school in southern California appropriate it by manifesting superior sports (and academics, really, but shhhh).

I would say South Carolina sports are superior to Southern Cal currently, in history though yes you are correct. There is one thing that I can guarantee South Carolina is superior to Southern Cal though. Drinking. 

Just now, My Goodness My Guinness said:

I would say South Carolina sports are superior to Southern Cal currently, in history though yes you are correct. There is one thing that I can guarantee South Carolina is superior to Southern Cal though. Drinking. 

I ain't hatin'. UGA by many is known as a party school. Drinking is a legitimate and most important (though underrated) part of the college experience.

Danny Morrison resigned, lots of conspiracy theories about how he was actually fired but no actual evidence to support that. The simplest explanation is always the most likely and in this case it's likely that he felt like he had done what he could in the NFL and wanted to get back to college where his heart was. He saw the final phase of the stadium upgrade project kick off and then tendered his resignation. If JR fired him he would have just straight up announced his firing - just he issued a statement when he fired Gettleman. 

7 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

Danny Morrison resigned, lots of conspiracy theories about how he was actually fired but no actual evidence to support that. The simplest explanation is always the most likely and in this case it's likely that he felt like he had done what he could in the NFL and wanted to get back to college where his heart was. He saw the final phase of the stadium upgrade project kick off and then tendered his resignation. If JR fired him he would have just straight up announced his firing - just he issued a statement when he fired Gettleman. 

Kinda makes sense. 

32 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

That's a fact 

1 minute ago, Panthers_Lover said:

Not everything needs to be told ... even if honestly from your own perspective.

Someone else's secrets maybe. Maybe if it puts someone that you care about in a bad light, but if everything is on the up-and-up, like I assume his stepping away is (even if it's simply "just business"), there shouldn't be anything to hide. Plus, he wasn't even fired. The Huddle loves conspiracy theories (e.g., Ricky Proehl). 

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Someone else's secrets maybe. Maybe if it puts someone that you care about in a bad light, but if everything is on the up-and-up, like I assume his stepping away is (even if it's simply "just business"), there shouldn't be anything to hide. Plus, he wasn't even fired. The Huddle loves conspiracy theories (e.g., Ricky Proehl). 

If he wishes not to discuss it, then that's the end of it. Doesn't mean it wasn't on the up-and-up. It can be his "secret" even if there's nothing nefarious about the situation.

2 minutes ago, Panthers_Lover said:

If he wishes not to discuss it, then that's the end of it. Doesn't mean it wasn't on the up-and-up. It can be his "secret" even if there's nothing nefarious about the situation.

I totally agree. All I am saying is that most rational people aren't going to question his integrity for discussing his experience if he chooses to do so.

Archived