• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

53 Man Roster - Cuts - What Do You Think?

Jimmy

This year is different than the past because there is only one cut day.  All cuts will be done at once to get to 53.  In the past there were a couple of cut-down days to reduce the roster until teams get to their final 53.  I haven't been a proponent of this new rule.  I liked being able to slowly reduce the roster size by having multiple cut days.  

My biggest argument for this is: With less people on the practice field the more reps potential roster guys get.  This is huge in my opinion.  This year is an outlier for us because of Cam's shoulder but in a normal universe the time for QBs and WRs to get comfortable is incalculable. The time for new guys to learn a defense is needed.  These coaches know who isn't going to make the team...go ahead and release them. 

The counter-argument is: Someone can impress after the 3rd preseason game.  This in my opinion is rare unless injuries play a part but at that point they know who they want or can fill in.

What say you Huddle?

Archived