• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pre-Work Out Supplements: What are you taking?

Cat

I need a new pre-workout supp. What do you recommend? I want to try a new one

I've used:

Energy and Endurance by Beachbody

Assault 

C4- been taking this one for a long time and something is off about it, might have gotten a bad batch.

7 minutes ago, Cat said:

I need a new pre-workout supp. What do you recommend? I want to try a new one

I've used:

Energy and Endurance by Beachbody

Assault 

C4- been taking this one for a long time and something is off about it, might have gotten a bad batch.

It's easy to build up a tolerance to brands after a few weeks and good to switch around. I have used 15 or so different brands over the years. Used C4 most recently for a couple of months and fizzled out on it. Went to ENGN Shred by EVL and the stuff was a huge jump start and I highly recommend giving it a try.  The reviews on it are great and I agree with all that is said. They make a non "Shred" version if that is not what you are looking for that is a bit cheaper.  

Shred:

https://www.amazon.com/Evlution-Nutrition-workout-Thermogenic-Servings/dp/B01N7HT0F0/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1506689110&sr=1-1&keywords=evl%2Bpre%2Bworkout%2Bshred&th=1

Non Shred:

https://www.amazon.com/workout-ENGN-EVLUTION-NUTRITION-Servings/dp/B01B833COI?th=1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

They do something weird to everyone. Can't be good for you, but once you start on them it's hard not to use. 

Not to mention some of these companies get caught putting "meth like substances" in their products. Whoopsie!

25 minutes ago, Jase said:

I don't like preworkouts with stimulants, they do something weird to me. I like iforce's hemavol. But if you like the stimulant jolt, it isn't for you.

I've considered skipping them but it's apart of my routine. I've formed a habit, take the supp and workout. I'm kind of freaked out to mess around with what I know works. 

1 hour ago, Cat said:

I just might.

If you don't mind paying a bit more, there are some healthier alternatives. You can do some Google research but here is an organic, plant based pre workout that I have considered with none of the Walter White components:

https://www.amazon.com/Ora-Organic-Pre-Workout-Supplement-Pomegranate/dp/B071ZQXG6P/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1506696974&sr=1-1&keywords=ora+organic+preworkout

Been using Legion Pulse for about 6months no complaints not overly loaded with caffeine, so there’s not a hard crash, and the energy is smooth. It has a max hit of Beta Alanine in it which could be a turn off to some people if you’re not use to or don’t like the “Tingles”  

It was #1 on Labdoor a while back not sure if it still is.

I like it cause it’s clean and doesn’t have a bunch of artificial sh*t in it like Ace-K.

Archived