• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gano missing that XP won us the game

Thanatos

This does not absolve him at all.

But it still won us the game. Allow me to explain. If he hits the XP we're up 31-16. Let us assume that Brady and the Patriots somehow don't convert the 2 point attempt- which the way our defense was playing, I realize that's a long shot. So now the score is 31-29 and we're getting the ball back with 3 minutes to go, having surrendered two straight TD drives.

Let me rephrase: Ron Rivera is getting the ball back up by 2 with 3 minutes to play.

What does the Huddle think he does in this situation?

If you guessed, run it twice, ask Cam to convert on 3rd and long and fail, you are correct.

3 minutes ago, rainwater said:

You can't predict what would have happened if he made the XP. The game would have played out differently is all you can say. 

Normally, I would agree. But there's no reason why the game would have played it out any differently here. The 1 point difference doesn't make it a two-score game or anything, so no one is going to change play-calling. Pats still need 2 TDs, just now they need a 2 point conversion as well. The only liberty I am taking is positing the Patriots not converting on the 2 point attempt, which is admittedly a big liberty given how they had moved the ball at will on our defense. 

This is mostly a tongue-in-cheek thread, though.

4 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

I poo on any "what if" threads because they are based off personal biases and use imagination to justify the bias. 

There isnt much imagination here, just that the Pats miss the 2 point attempt.

Archived