• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hubby needs a favor.

iamhubby1

7 hours ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

This is chock full of bad-ass-ery.

Barry Sanders

Billy Sims

Lem Barney

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 1.56.54 PM.png

Man, is that a poster? I almost got to meet Barney. I was checking into the Renaissance Center for a meeting, and he was walking by. 

Just now, ludwig51 said:

Why would someone have two teams not taking shots at you op but it's like having two wives doesn't make sense 

Well let's see. I grew up in Michigan, and as a young lad I rooted for the home team. That team was the Detroit Lions. Years go by, and the young man grows older, and more weary. Then one day he moves to SC. Now, SC at that time had no Pro team. So the man decides to stick with the Lions.

Then along comes the this Richardson character. And he brings with him a brand spanking new Franchise. After a couple chance meetings with JR, the man says HEY, I can get on board with this. And a new allegiance was formed.

At that time, the man had already been a fan of the Lions for over 30 years. That is a lot of time invested to just throw away. So the man decided he would adopt the Panthers, but keep the Lions as well. So here we are 20 years later. 

Short story long. This week is going to be a biitch.

8 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

I used to love their coach growing up

0D851F03-D474-42C3-858B-4A69E85D9394.jpeg

I don't wish to start anything. But man, does RR remind me of Wayne. Lovable guy, players coach, started out well, just no sustained success. Although RR has one more COY, so we have that going for us.

I would like to add, that Wayne is a much more fun loving guy. I mean, who coaches in a shirt like that? The guy was defiantly comfortable in his own skin.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Man, is that a poster? I almost got to meet Barney. I was checking into the Renaissance Center for a meeting, and he was walking by. 

http://www.nflshop.com/Collectibles/Multi-Signed_Detroit_Lions_Barry_Sanders_Billy_Sims_And_Lem_Barney_Fanatics_Authentic_Framed_16_x_20_Roaring_20s_Photograph

Out of stock, but there may be some out there.  I'd love to have it.

22 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I have been a Panther fan since the day we were awarded a Franchise. I have been honored to meet Mr. Richardson a couple of times, of which I take great pride. It is a truly unique experience to be involved in a Franchise from its inception. As the vast majority of fans root for teams that have been around long before they were born. 

That said, we all know it's Lions week. And herein lies my delimma. I have been a Lions fan for over 50 years. I still follow them, and read/watch whatever/whenever I can. And I absolutely hate having to root against them this week.

So, here is where the favor comes in. Is it possible my Huddle Brethren, can you all find it in your hearts? To keep the Lions bashing civil? I mean, sure you can dis them all you want. But please, please keep the name calling to a minimum? That is all I ask. Don't force me to defend them on here, by trolling me. That ain't right.  lol

So to reiterate. I am a Panther fan. Who happens to have been rooting for the Lions longer than most of you have been alive. So treat me nice would ya?

I hope you realize what will come of this, the trolls may have not come before, but they will now!

2 hours ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

Thanks for the link. I don't know why, but my family always buys me Lions clothes. Shirts, jerseys', jackets, gloves, etc. So I have precious little memorabilia. Michigan State? Clocks, globes, gnomes, tons of stuff. Panthers? I got a mini helmet for my b-day, and to support SCP, it is pointing towards Charlotte. But Lions stuff? 

I love framing pics. Especially the old stuff. So, once again, thanks for the link.

On 10/1/2017 at 10:17 PM, iamhubby1 said:

I have been a Panther fan since the day we were awarded a Franchise. I have been honored to meet Mr. Richardson a couple of times, of which I take great pride. It is a truly unique experience to be involved in a Franchise from its inception. As the vast majority of fans root for teams that have been around long before they were born. 

That said, we all know it's Lions week. And herein lies my delimma. I have been a Lions fan for over 50 years. I still follow them, and read/watch whatever/whenever I can. And I absolutely hate having to root against them this week.

So, here is where the favor comes in. Is it possible my Huddle Brethren, can you all find it in your hearts? To keep the Lions bashing civil? I mean, sure you can dis them all you want. But please, please keep the name calling to a minimum? That is all I ask. Don't force me to defend them on here, by trolling me. That ain't right.  lol

So to reiterate. I am a Panther fan. Who happens to have been rooting for the Lions longer than most of you have been alive. So treat me nice would ya?

My good friend and neighbor is a Lions fan. We talk often about NFL heartbreak over a glass of bourbon, a game of darts, and a good cry. 

Just now, Montsta said:

My good friend and neighbor is a Lions fan. We talk often about NFL heartbreak over a glass of bourbon, a game of darts, and a good cry. 

My 3 favorite things. Well that and sucking on the wifes'...makes 4.

But seriously. I have been all over, and every time I wear something Lions. Well, almost every time I wear something Lions. Ok, sometimes when I wear something Lions, folks will point and laugh.

I was in a liquor store in Cozumel, Mexico. The moment I walked in, the guy behind the counter went "Hey Lions, have a shot." So I have that going for me. 

As an aside: The wife made me give up brown liquor 20 years ago. But strangely, we drink a poo ton of Cuervo Gold. I love that woman. And it is not all because she has great muguffies. 

11 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I got sidetracked back there. Is your friend from Michigan? I mean, I can see why us Michiganders root for the Lions. But why would someone pick them at random? Pity? Empathy? Sado Masochism?

Archived