• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Clifford!!!

WOW!!

Maybe.... You know, I don't know what the answer is. I know we need better players too. I have always thought he was doing all he could with what he was given, but now that Batum is back playing with Howard and Kemba, I wanted to see how they did now.  BUT if they don't start winning now, then maybe its time to let him go. How can it be that the Bobcats/Hornets NOT get the number one pick. Yes we had it back in 91 but that draft didn't have but one player in Hall of Fame and that was Mutombo who was picked 4 after Larry Johnson.  We did draft one sure Hall of Fame player.... First pick!  Kobe Bryant!  That burns me up!!! He said he wouldn't play in Charlotte...well you will just have to show me.I am holding on to him.  If we did have a superstar maybe others would want to come.  Man, I appreciate your post because it made me think outside of my box, but its really frustrating that we can't be one of the better teams. I know Jordan isn't the GOAT when it comes to talent evaluation and with him continuing to try to "help" with that, we will prob never be anything more than we are.  Well maybe they will turn things around...I kinda doubt it through.... Been disappointed too many times. 

I'm over Clifford as well, for a man who prides himself on defense, we sure do get torched a lot. Not to mention his offensive sets are head scratching to say the least. If Kemba wasn't as phenomenal at creating his own shot as he is, this team might be the worst in the league (and it's not because of talent).

I would like to see Silas get a crack and Stackhouse hired as the associate head coach.

I am generally not a “fire _____” guy unless there is a clear upgrade that you are close to certain you will get.  There is just too much that goes into ditching one regime for another otherwise.

The only other scenarios I am in favor of it are when a coach is toxic/not respected by the players or when he is clearly in over his head.   I am not convinced yet that either is the case here.

The only two times I was on board with the fire train for one of my teams was when the Red Sox ditched Valentine (met the first scenario) and while I am totally there yet I am a strong lean on Rivera for the latter.

Now come New Year’s I may be singing a different tune but at this point I only expected 7-7 considering the Batam injury and the road heavy slate so only two games behind that.

I think Cliff is a good coach but I don't like the following things about him: 

1. Rotations: I absolutely hate his rotations. He keeps Kemba in for the entire 3rd quarter. So when Monk (rhythm shooter) was the backup PG, he was off the court for half of Q2, halftime, and all of Q3 before seeing the court again in Q4. I also think he keeps Frank in way too long in Q4 when Frank is struggling. For some reason Frank has a longer leash than any other young guy. 

2. Rookies: Speaking of young guys. Cliff needs to be more flexible. Yes, Monk is an undersized 2 guard but you can't just ask a rookie to switch from SG to PG because you don't trust his size. I thought that was why we had MCW to be able to guard the stronger of the two players on defense but we have rarely seen Monk at SG which is a shame. I hope we don't ruin Monk as a player. 

3. Old-School Defensive Mentality: Pack the paint and make teams take jump shots. This is completely old school basketball. The NBA is now a 3 point shooting league and we are always one of the worst teams defending the 3. This should not be the case. We are horrible defending the pick and pop and we let the guards penetrate and kick out to an open 3 way too easily. 

Archived