• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everette Brown

Proudiddy

I wasn't much impressed with his preseason performances, he had a few glimpses here and there... But against the Giants I remember him constantly going in too high, letting the OL get his hands on him, getting locked up, and he was done for.

I thought he would regress some with this recent injury and time off as well.

There's been many critics of his performance and our FO's decision to trade a 1st for him, but with the way he looked yesterday, is that move looking more justified now?

Honestly, yesterday, besides maybe one play he made in a preseason game was the first time I saw that explosion off the line and quickness. His spin move was very Freeney-esque.

It's a long year, and he's still got to prove it every week, and although it WAS the Redskins, I was impressed with him yesterday. Anyone else? Supporters? Detractors?

Well, the thing that I thought was interesting is that I actually remember him being in on several running downs and tough yardage situation. If I'm not mistaken, I thought I remembered him being in when we had them pinned down at their goal line either on the 1st play or the safety.

Well, the thing that I thought was interesting is that I actually remember him being in on several running downs and tough yardage situation. If I'm not mistaken, I thought I remembered him being in when we had them pinned down at their goal line either on the 1st play or the safety.

pretty sure you're right about that... can't remember which play, I just remember being surprised to see 91 on the field.. I believe it was near the goal line...

I wasn't much impressed with his preseason performances, he had a few glimpses here and there... But against the Giants I remember him constantly going in too high, letting the OL get his hands on him, getting locked up, and he was done for.

I thought he would regress some with this recent injury and time off as well.

There's been many critics of his performance and our FO's decision to trade a 1st for him, but with the way he looked yesterday, is that move looking more justified now?

Honestly, yesterday, besides maybe one play he made in a preseason game was the first time I saw that explosion off the line and quickness. His spin move was very Freeney-esque.

It's a long year, and he's still got to prove it every week, and although it WAS the Redskins, I was impressed with him yesterday. Anyone else? Supporters? Detractors?

yeah..his spin move worked..but lots of time it did not..his is just not as fast as Freeneys..but i liked what i saw from him.I also saw a lot of times were we stood him up..and had him drop back...Him and johnson could be nice for us

He's still not worth a top ten pick in next years draft

It's not going to be a top 10 pick--so no worries there.

Don't give up on this team. Had a nasty starting schedule and team wasn't playing well. Hopefully the team peaks against the Saints in week 10 and carries it on into the remainder of the season.

No matter how good he turns out to be I think I will always have this opinion. It was too much of a risk, really, considering the other needs of the team.

I get why we did it..One area of need was the pass rush..E.brown was one of the best pass rushers in the entire draft...plus with the fact peppers might not be here next year..having E.brown and C.johnson as starters could be something good...we will miss out on some huge talent but the team dosent have that many needs.

I get why we did it..One area of need was the pass rush..E.brown was one of the best pass rushers in the entire draft...plus with the fact peppers might not be here next year..having E.brown and C.johnson as starters could be something good...we will miss out on some huge talent but the team dosent have that many needs.

Yeah, I understand it as well, but as I was stating in another thread, just because a player might excel in one system or team doesn't mean he will do the same in another. I just think the draft could've been better used for a DT or such.

However, you do make a good point that there are really no other DE's on the team.

it was good to see him play well. I have been pretty hard on the guy and i still don't like the idea of giving up a 1st round pick for a 2nd round selection. However, we have the guy now and at least yesterday he showed promise. I agree that with him and Charles Johnson we could have a pretty good duo next year especially if you pick up another good rusher to throw in the mix.

Archived