• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Favorite Game Or Memory

fignewty314

My favorite Panther moments:

-Cota's Interception in 1996 against Pittsburgh

-1996-1997 Playoff game against Dallas. We were an expansion team and defeated America's team. Barry Switzer knew where North Carolina was.

-Beurlein's 4th and 5 draw against GB in 1999

-Week 17 of 1999 when we blew out the Saints trying to outscore the Packer's margin in a separate game. I remember Jeffers, Moose, and Walls just going crazy.

-Steve Smith scoring on the first play of the 2001 season. I had such high expectations...especially with how poised Weinke was during that first game.

-Drafting Julius Peppers as a result of the 2001 season

-Pepper's 3 sack game against the Lions in 2002. Knocked Mike McMahon out (I thought he was dead) and scared Harrington close to death.

-Jake's pass to Proehl against the Jags in 2003.

-Peppers and Jenkins blocking several kicks against TB in week 2 of 2003.

-OT victory against the Saints in 2003 (I think this was then). Saints were driving deep into our territory in OT--Peppers strips McAllister and we get the ball back. Stephen Davis puts the game away a few plays later with a 40+ yard run. We were so good in the close games that year.

-X-clown against the Rams in the 2003 Divisional Round (huge underdog--noone thought we would win--I have never seen us bigger underdogs [usually play our best when expectations are against us])

-Ricky Manning getting 3 picks against the Eagles in the 2003 NFC Championship (underdog again)

-2003 Superbowl - Even though we lost, I will never forget how happy I was on that night just to be there. I love Jake's quote from after the game "I want to remember how this feels..."

-Drafting DeAngelo in 2006

-Week 1 Miracle against the Bolts in 2008 (Rosario Touchdown)

-GB Game in 2008. 4 touchdowns for DeAngelo and a ridiculous miracle catch by Steve Smith.

So many good memories since the beginning (I was 8 in 1995). So many Jake comebacks I should have mentioned. Needless to say, I am grateful to be a Panthers fan.

Archived