• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for offensive minded fans..

WOW!!

You want to run a power run game on offense but you don't activate your FB (or don't use him) and little to no 2 TE sets?? What am I missing here??

Let's also discuss the fact.. You've lost 2 WR to IR during the season and traded 1 away.  Why have you not brought anybody in or added some guys like (Keyarris Garret, Or Austin Duke) to your practice squad??  We have injured WR's injury prone WR's and WR's you can't depend on.. You don't bring in any competition or maybe a street vet to help??

What is going on with our offensive coaching staff?? You can't even say "the answer is on the roster" .. You don't have enough bodies on the roster to find a answer from...

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

FEEl your pain but I feel some of that is due to the gm, current and prior. 

Yeah .. I like Hurney and will defend him on somethings but if he doesn't see the urgency in this situation.. fug him... Also Ron needs to step up and question the offensive game planning soon.. If not fug him to..

1 minute ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

this is a GM issue. not a coaching one.

i'm convinced there's something going on behind the scenes that has handcuffed the roster and the coaching staff.

I agree with the GM not bringing in WR.. But the coaching part is not game planning right.. You can't have a power Run game with 3 WR sets... There is no reason Ahmad isn't active and you aren't using Dickson..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I agree with the GM not bringing in WR.. But the coaching part is not game planning right.. You can't have a power Run game with 3 WR sets... There is no reason Ahmad isn't active and you aren't using Dickson..

maybe i missed it, but when did the coaching staff claim they were going to utilize a power run game against tampa bay?

Just now, nosuchthingasapanther said:

maybe i missed it, but when did the coaching staff claim they were going to utilize a power run game against tampa bay?

They are using your QB to run up the middle they run most of their plays up the middle... We don't have enough quality WR to have a dependable pass game..

As far as the run game, it’s hit or miss depending on the play of our guards and matt kalil, they play well,the running game flourishes.

wr just really have bad injury luck, funchess hurt, byrd, and samuel. Still with this being known I’m hoping we don’t get complacent abd still be agressive in drafting or signing wr’s. 

11 minutes ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

running up the middle is not a power run offense.

Do you see any Zone run plays.. Our run game is either the option or dives counters and draws up the middle.. Since we don't run any Zone scheme... It's basically one or the other.. We are a power team so ..... power run game..

34 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You want to run a power run game on offense but you don't activate your FB (or don't use him) and little to no 2 TE sets?? What am I missing here??

Let's also discuss the fact.. You've lost 2 WR to IR during the season and traded 1 away.  Why have you not brought anybody in or added some guys like (Keyarris Garret, Or Austin Duke) to your practice squad??  We have injured WR's injury prone WR's and WR's you can't depend on.. You don't bring in any competition or maybe a street vet to help??

What is going on with our offensive coaching staff?? You can't even say "the answer is on the roster" .. You don't have enough bodies on the roster to find a answer from...

Add to it, Amni

the answer is on the coaching staff

30 minutes ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

this is a GM issue. not a coaching one.

i'm convinced there's something going on behind the scenes that has handcuffed the roster and the coaching staff.

I disagree a bit. Have to coach them up and if you can't, tell the GM to get someone you can 

biggest mistake made by gettleman, not extending Ginn particularly with the known injury to Newton and unknown ability of Samuel

Samuel seems to be literally made of glass  

I'm a defensive minded fan but I will say I am puzzled as to why Armah has been inactive recently and why McC is getting so few touches. Armah was performing very well, on both offense in limited snaps and on special teams, when he was active this year. Makes no sense to have him inactive for other guys who aren't doing sh*t. And McC averaged over 4 yards per carry today to Stew's sub-3... He needs to touch the ball more. I don't understand these two things... But I'm not a football professional in any sense so there may be logic behind it. I would like it if our reporters could dig into this more with Q's in the press conferences.

Archived