• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No way Shula and Hurney shouldn't be fired next season.

Snake

1 minute ago, panthers34 said:

Shula has had super conservative play calling 2 games in a row now. Looks like we are waiting to break out the creativity for the playoffs which sucks because we could have just locked up the 3 seed and a home game. 

You can blame Shula for bad play calling but I think it’s more along the lines of not trying to show their hand before the playoffs. Make of that what you want 

now that is some positive spin right there!

5 minutes ago, Camvp said:

It's not fair to judge them when they haven't had above average starting QB play in two seasons

When your QB is the main reason your team has 11 wins and a playoff spot, and you still want to run him out of town, lol.

Just now, Udogg said:

just curious,  what percentage of that horrible offensive performance do you place on the QB? 

Cam played terrible but he was also playing almost purely from the pocket which isn't his game. We hardly did any miss directions and play action which is when our offense gets rolling.

Trust me you'll see more of what we are use to next week and Cam will be more in rhythm with more creativity, misdirections, and hard play action.  

Just now, mcdougal said:

Do you realize the only idiot that would hire Shula as OC at this point is Les Miles right? No top 25 college program would want Shula as OC. And Miles isn't coaching for a reason. 

..... Once again,   What does that have to do with the way Cam Newton threw the ball today?   

So lets say this. 

Shula calls a play, 

Cam throws the ball 3 feet over receiver head.    

Is that Shula or Cam? 

I'm not saying I want to trade Cam, draft another QB, etc..   But the blame Shula for Cam's bad play thing is crazy to me.   

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

When your QB is the main reason your team has 11 wins and a playoff spot, and you still want to run him out of town, lol.

A group of 4 still defending Cams piss poor QB play.   34% completion percentage one good drive in 4 qtrs missing wide ass open WR’s. Locks onto one receiver and the WR better get open 

2 minutes ago, Udogg said:

I'm not saying I want to trade Cam, draft another QB, etc..   But the blame Shula for Cam's bad play thing is crazy to me.   

I have been saying this all year. and I’m just a troll but I’m ok with telling the truth 

1 minute ago, panthers34 said:

Cam played terrible but he was also playing almost purely from the pocket which isn't his game. We hardly did any miss directions and play action which is when our offense gets rolling.

Trust me you'll see more of what we are use to next week and Cam will be more in rhythm with more creativity, misdirections, and hard play action.  

I'm down with that.  

The problem is, Cam is so streaky that he misses passes that no NFL QB should miss.   We don't know if the offense is bad or not because Cam has games like this we score 10 points.   He follows up sometimes with a game he is accurate then we score 30 points.    When we score 30 points a lot of people are "Cam is saving Shula".   The games like today  " Oh Shula is horrible, I hope Cam gets an better OC".   

We had a thread like this last week.  If it was once or twice a year, then it's like Ok.   Everyone has those games.  But if you just watch Cam throw sometimes,  fundamentally he regresses.  He has been in the league 7 years and still has games like this.  It's baffling.  And if we really want to be honest with ourselves, it's Cam's fault.  

Still my QB. Still riding with him to the wheels fall off, but damn. 

6 minutes ago, panthers34 said:

I have no idea why we didn't run more. All I know is that the entire offense was off today. 

Archived