• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sammy Watkins should be a Panther next year.

Snake

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I've been saying it for years.  It's why I still don't understand the Gettleman cult following.  We weren't built to win because we never addressed our glaring weaknesses since Cam has been here AND we created new ones (CB, WR got worse, and LT)...  and those weaknesses are directly responsible for us being unceremoniously punted from the playoffs during Game's tenure.

If this ORGANIZATION is serious about winning, they will go out and SIGN proven talents and weapons for Cam this off-season.  They will SIGN COMPETITION for safety, CB, Shaq, and LT without handing jobs out before a down is played.  We can do so without breaking the bank or destroying our cap, so go do it.  Otherwise, we'll always come up short...  The window is closing.  Give Cam a fraction of the receiving talent the rest of the playoffs team has and he probably would alrerady have 2 Superbowl wins.

You might be right but how can you blame Dave when he didn't put us in cap hell. We were barely able to afford a team most years under him. Then he got us out and Mister Jerry fired him. 

9 hours ago, JARROD said:

He’s listed on all the 2018 FA sites as UFA. 

I’d take Watkins and Gordan,... get the Flash. 

Cam would make him millions. For once I want to hear announcers say with the combination of Cam Newton and... It's really just not fair. 

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

If I’m hurney I’m doubling down on my philosophy of getting speed on the field. We need guys who can catch and who have speed. I don’t care if we’ve already got guys like Byrd, Clay, and Samuel who flashed potential. I’m bringing in a guy like Watkins and I’m drafting Christian Kirk. They’ve  got to find a way to take the top off the D and get safeties to back off the line. 

He just needs to get guys who can get open and catch. Watkins and Crabtree would be a start. We have young guys be we need some experience. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Cam would make him millions. For once I want to hear announcers say with the combination of Cam Newton and... It's really just not fair. 

Neither will happen, but I think Watkins Gordan, Anthony Miller/Christian Kirk, Samuel clay Byrd( I’d give the Browns Worley and Funchess for the Flash)

Watkins and Gordan would give Cam something he’s never had. If not Watkins because of expense then Crabtree but I’d want Gordan.

6 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I've been saying it for years.  It's why I still don't understand the Gettleman cult following.  We weren't built to win because we never addressed our glaring weaknesses since Cam has been here AND we created new ones (CB, WR got worse, and LT)...  and those weaknesses are directly responsible for us being unceremoniously punted from the playoffs during Game's tenure.

If this ORGANIZATION is serious about winning, they will go out and SIGN proven talents and weapons for Cam this off-season.  They will SIGN COMPETITION for safety, CB, Shaq, and LT without handing jobs out before a down is played.  We can do so without breaking the bank or destroying our cap, so go do it.  Otherwise, we'll always come up short...  The window is closing.  Give Cam a fraction of the receiving talent the rest of the playoffs team has and he probably would alrerady have 2 Superbowl wins.

sounds like the same thing for how many years now..."get Cam something to work with" in perpetuity ! 

2 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

sounds like the same thing for how many years now..."get Cam something to work with" in perpetuity ! 

Yeh— we don’t need an offensive line because cam runs around and he’s huge. We don’t need wide receivers because we are a running team,..

but 31st in the league without Cam, no better than 12th without him(2011 I believe,..Chud!!!)

We need Safety and Corner. Offensive line and at least 2 wide receivers. That’s a tall order to fill. Another tightend to upgrade Dickson is in there too.

2 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Yeh— we don’t need an offensive line because cam runs around and he’s huge. We don’t need wide receivers because we are a running team,..

but 31st in the league without Cam, no better than 12th without him(2011 I believe,..Chud!!!)

We need Safety and Corner. Offensive line and at least 2 wide receivers. That’s a tall order to fill. Another tightend to upgrade Dickson is in there too.

with each passing year the positions of need grow...

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

Neither will happen, but I think Watkins Gordan, Anthony Miller/Christian Kirk, Samuel clay Byrd( I’d give the Browns Worley and Funchess for the Flash)

Watkins and Gordan would give Cam something he’s never had. If not Watkins because of expense then Crabtree but I’d want Gordan.

Watkins isn't going to draw much on the open market. You give him 9k and you have a WR. Gordon is just a dream. Dude is super talented but a huge risk. 

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

With money. 

That’s why I like Josh Gordan and Watkins. Trade for a Gordan(again some sites show he’s a FA, some not, confusing). Gordan is cheap for now and Watkins will be mid priced. 

We can afford them. Funchess and Worley to Cleveland for the Flash

its a pipe dream, but completely doable and affordable. 

Immediately upgraded and we can still draft Kirk or Miller, 

Cam would immediately be able to pass for 4000 yards next year and I bet our running game mysteriously materializes.

Archived