• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zero Percent

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I think he said that before the sale was announced. He took the job he said as a favor to Mr. Richardson. Richardson is gone. He has no loyalty to anyone but the Panthers. You think the Benjamin trade was playing it safe instead of hanging it all out there. No Hurney is all in determined to redeem his reputation moreso than earn a paycheck.

So your theory is that Hurney is trying to make a name for himself by forcing Ron to do things his way?  And Ron's going to sit by and allow his future to be dictated to him by a guy who was fired for screwing up the organization to begin with?  And Ron's is going to be ok with this?  That's a level of deviousness that I can't wrap my head around.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

So your theory is that Hurney is trying to make a name for himself by forcing Ron to do things his way?  And Ron's going to sit by and allow his future to be dictated to him by a guy who was fired for screwing up the organization to begin with?  And Ron's is going to be ok with this?  That's a level of deviousness that I can't wrap my head around.

Ron doesn't have the power to do anything without Hurney.  Again I didn't say that Ron didn't have input into the decision but whether he could block it or not is up for debate. Who would he go to to complain.

Hurney isn't about power he is about redemption. 

35 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I honestly don't think he has enough time to start over with a new approach.  There's no grace period left if it flops.  He has no choice but to go with what he knows.  This is the best option he has.  And that may not be enough if it doesn't produce significant results.

A new approach, no, but you can't tell me that Norv Turner was the only option available. In fact, I think Ron would have a better chance of staying through new management even without a Lombardi had he gone with a new face and they delivered promising results. Instead, I Ron went with the option that gives him absolutely no margin for error. 

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Ron doesn't have the power to do anything without Hurney.  Again I didn't say that Ron didn't have input into the decision but whether he could block it or not is up for debate. Who would he go to to complain.

Hurney isn't about power he is about redemption. 

Ron has more power than Hurney just by the mere fact that he has survived two GM's.  One of which is Hurney.  Ron has the power until JR officially sells the team to be honest.  JR will not allow Hurney to overreach his authority.  Hurney doesn't have the keys to the kingdom just yet.

26 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking on your part.  I just can't buy it as a Hurney coup.  

Didn't say it was a coup or a power play. Hurney said in an interview that he wasn't looking to deal Benjamin but on the day of the deadline he got a call from Beane about acquiring Benjamin. They talked about compensation and fleshed out a possible trade. Hurney says let me talk to Ron and get back with you. He talks to Ron and convinces  him that it is a good deal after discussing the compensation and sells him on the idea. 

Think about it, if it had been Ron's idea or Hurney desire to dump him they would have been shopping him instead of receiving a call at the last minute.

4 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

A new approach, no, but you can't tell me that Norv Turner was the only option available. In fact, I think Ron would have a better chance of staying through new management even without a Lombardi had he gone with a new face and they delivered promising results. Instead, I Ron went with the option that gives him absolutely no margin for error. 

What you and I think he "should" have done isn't what we are talking about here.  We are talking about what he thinks is his best option based on the time he realistically has left.  Whatever he does it has to produce so is best option is to stick to what he knows will work with the right people that are capable of pulling it off.  Doing it is a whole other matter.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Didn't say it was a coup or a power play. Hurney said in an interview that he wasn't looking to deal Benjamin but on the day of the deadline he got a call from Beane about acquiring Benjamin. They talked about compensation and fleshed out a possible trade. Hurney says let me talk to Ron and get back with you. He talks to Ron and convinces  him that it is a good deal after discussing the compensation and sells him on the idea. 

Think about it, if it had been Ron's idea or Hurney desire to dump him they would have been shopping him instead of receiving a call at the last minute.

So he just relayed to Ron what had been proposed by someone else and what he was able to negotiate out of the deal and Ron gave him his blessing to proceed?  Yeah that sound like he's in charge.   

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Ron has more power than Hurney just by the mere fact that he has survived two GM's.  One of which is Hurney.  Ron has the power until JR officially sells the team to be honest.  JR will not allow Hurney to overreach his authority.  Hurney doesn't have the keys to the kingdom just yet.

Again who is giving Ron the power? Marty is his boss and in charge of all football decisions including hiring Ron or firing him.

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

So he just relayed to Ron what had been proposed by someone else and what he was able to negotiate out of the deal and Ron gave him his blessing to proceed?  Yeah that sound like he's in charge.   

No he fleshed out the deal, negotiated the terms and convinced Rivera to give up Cam's security blanket and then they both concocted what they were going to tell the media. Something Hurney knows alot about. The fact he was right makes him large and in charge 

Just now, panthers55 said:

Again who is giving Ron the power? Marty is his boss and in charge of all football decisions including hiring Ron or firing him.

Let me see if I can get this straight, I'm a little slow sometimes so bare with me.  You're saying that Hurney is giving Ron the power to give Hurney the power to make decisions for him?

I don't believe for one second Hurney has any power whatsoever to fire Ron.  Jr hired Ron, yes he gave Hurney permission, and until JR relinquishes the title of the franchise from his pervy old paws Hurney is just an errand boy.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

No he fleshed out the deal, negotiated the terms and convinced Rivera to give up Cam's security blanket and then they both concocted what they were going to tell the media. Something Hurney knows alot about. The fact he was right makes him large and in charge 

Now you're just trolling me.  I don't even think you believe that whooper of a story.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Let me see if I can get this straight, I'm a little slow sometimes so bare with me.  You're saying that Hurney is giving Ron the power to give Hurney the power to make decisions for him?

I don't believe for one second Hurney has any power whatsoever to fire Ron.  Jr hired Ron, yes he gave Hurney permission, and until JR relinquishes the title of the franchise from his pervy old paws Hurney is just an errand boy.

You can think whatever you want for sure. But Hurney by all accounts is in charge of all football decisions. The whole discussion is really moot given Hurney has no intention of firing Ron. Ron is a good coach and apparently they have had plenty of dialogue. If I remember an earlier interview Ron gave when Marty came aboard was that he and Marty had some frank and honest discussions about the team and personnel.

What did Hurney do to you to cause such disdain.  Fire you from a job? 

Just now, frash.exe said:

all i know is that i’m looking forward to the team being sold and new ownership bringing in some new blood to create a new regime

Careful what you wish for.  A new regime could see the roster in a very different light than we fans do.  Some fan favorites may not be on the team soon after.

Archived