• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter from ESPN "suggests" these trades

pstall

now is no different than during this past offseason. Pep isn't going to just be traded to a team that wants him or Carolina wants to deal him to......Peppers made that clear to everyone. He goes where he wants.....or he stays for a year.

I just don't get why anyone would (except for Hurney) pay Peppers a million a game this year, and give up a valuable #1 pick as well to get him.

He'll be walking the street next spring anyway and will be had for half that price and no compensation.

Raiders did it, kind of.

But they are retarded.

Some teams get desperate and think that one piece is whats keeping them from the Super Bowl.

It's a good scenario because San Fran has 2 1st as it stands right now.

And you'd think that San Fran now sees the PITA to have a high 1st and getting them signed nowadays.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to dump one of them...either prior to trade deadline or draft time.

If the Falcons hadn't thrashed the niners in their own house this would make a lot more sense. A win or even a close loss against a good falcon team would have shown that the niners are a true contender this year and would encourage a move like this.

Sinking that much money in a player only makes sense if it pushes you over the edge.

I just said this in another thread. There really is only one team in the NFL that could possibly trade for Peppers and that is Denver. They have the cap space, extra draft pick and adding him could make them the team to beat in the AFC. Is $17 million or $12 million dollars worth a Super Bowl? To some owners it would be and that would probably be the only place that Peppers could end up during the season.

And as for Peppers being apart of this team being successful in the next couple of games, the Panthers record at the end of the season I don't see being impacted on Peppers being here or not. But like others have said, Peppers is not going to get traded so he will be here.

Trading Pep just means you have given up on this season....Fox/Hurney aren't going to give up at 1-3.

I completely agree with you if you are referring to them shopping Peppers. If another team comes to them with a deal they can not pass up, then it is a different story. Not saying that is what I think will happen but just clarifying because for Peppers to get traded IMO the Panthers will have to shop him.

Trading Pep just means you have given up on this season....Fox/Hurney aren't going to give up at 1-3.

no its not. We have no first round pick. Contrary to popular belief, Peppers can be replaced. We need a franchise QB for the future, something that this team has NEVER had. you can say Collins, but that went flushed down the toilet when he got hooked his happy juice. after using the first on a QB, we could beef up the D-line. but of course, that makes sense so..............

no its not. We have no first round pick. Contrary to popular belief, Peppers can be replaced. We need a franchise QB for the future, something that this team has NEVER had. you can say Collins, but that went flushed down the toilet when he got hooked his happy juice. after using the first on a QB, we could beef up the D-line. but of course, that makes sense so..............

I'm confussed. So you are saying the reason that trading Peppers isn't a sign of giving up on the season is because the team needs to draft a QB in next year's draft?

it is giving up on this season. Peppers can be replaced down the road.....but trading him for picks right now....hurts the Panther defense significantly. Trading Peppers makes this current team weaker....trading him is giving up on this year and only looking forward to next season. At 1-3 Fox and Hurney aren't even thinking of looking to move Pep THIS year.

Archived