• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

a bloo bloo

frash.exe

Y'all know we were 11-5 & 1st and 10 from the 21 away from playing in Minnesota last week right?  Good play calling from shula in the red zone and we beat the saints.  He's gone,  preditable blitzes with off coverage is likely gone as well.  Retool a little this off-season and we have as good a chance as any team in the nfc to be in the super bowl in Atlanta next season. 

7 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

20 points. League average that year was 22.7. Praising being in a position to make a 50 yarder at the end of the game is the definition of praising mediocrity. You want to win the game, score touchdowns. And I find it interesting how you immediately place Cam in this discussion and defend him specifically, when he wasn't even a part of my post. I'm talking entire offense not Cam. But it doesn't surprise me that you're playing victim for Cam randomly when no one was saying anything bad about him. 

How are you going to get pissy about mentioning our QB in the context of a game that you brought up?

I genuinely think you are slow in the head.

15 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

How did DG reach in that draft? Bradberry is a solid starter as a late second rounder. Great value there. Worley would be a solid backup CB and for a third rounder that's good value. Sanchez wound up being a bad pick but he was a 5th rounder, nothing is a "reach" in those rounds. Butler wound up being a bad pick so far, but that's partially due to lack of opportunity with Star and KK here, and that may change if Star walks now. But regardless of that he was not a reach at all--other teams wanted him at that back end of the first round and that's where he was expected to go all along.  Not the best draft 2 years in but that's still too early to evaluate fully and good draft or not, it wasn't reaching to replace Norman whatsoever.

If he had kept Norman we could have drafted other needs instead of  spending half a draft throwing poo against a wall and hoping something sticks. Even if we only had Norman for one more year who knows what could have been.

55 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Cam and the offense put us in position to win the game despite the defense literally trying to take Newton's head off through 4 quarters. In Mile High.

How you can spin that to blame the offense is beyond me. But do you I guess.

Man. You gotta stop acting like everything somebody says is a slight against Cam lol. Dude literally criticized the O-cordinator and you jumped off the cliff about him blaming the offense. 

37 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Also, if you can actually defend throwing away an entire draft to replace one defensive player while our offense fell off a cliff, you lack any basic fundamental understanding of managing a football roster.

lmao we werent replacing one defensive player. apparently you forgot that we had Tillman/Bene/Finnegan/McClain playing opposite Norman all year. Tillman retired, Bene suffered a major injury, and no one wanted McClain or Finnegan or Lou Young being CB2. 

Just now, saints4lifeagain said:

Man. You gotta stop acting like everything somebody says is a slight against Cam lol. Dude literally criticized the O-cordinator and you jumped off the cliff about him blaming the offense. 

Maybe you could find your own boards, and stop living on ours. Go hang out with your injury cheering brethren.

Just now, pantherphan96 said:

lmao we werent replacing one defensive player. apparently you forgot that we had Tillman/Bene/Finnegan/McClain playing opposite Norman all year. Tillman retired, Bene suffered a major injury, and no one wanted McClain or Finnegan or Lou Young being CB2. 

So drafting 2 CB's back to back wasn't a direct response to losing Norman?

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

So drafting 2 CB's back to back wasn't a direct response to losing Norman?

It was a direct response to the fact that we had no CBs because Norman wanted to be paid an amount that would cripple our ability to retain other key parts of the team like KK and Trai, and that our CB2 all of 2015 was a 34 y/o and a 5th round draft pick in his 2nd full season who suffered a severe leg injury. Gettleman should had let Norman sign the tag and play in 2016 but that is far from why we didnt make the playoffs as a result.

Just now, pantherphan96 said:

It was a direct response to the fact that we had no CBs because Norman wanted to be paid an amount that would cripple our ability to retain other key parts of the team like KK and Trai, and that our CB2 all of 2015 was a 34 y/o and a 5th round draft pick in his 2nd full season who suffered a severe leg injury. Gettleman should had let Norman sign the tag and play in 2016 but that is far from why we didnt make the playoffs as a result.

Right. To be clear I never said losing Norman is the sole reason we only won 6 games. It was one factor in a bigger picture of bullshit though.

We also lost too much veteran presence.

But I hope we can both agree that those first 2 draft picks addressing the loss of Norman could have been used to address the offense and perhaps helped in preventing us from missing the postseason.

Archived