• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine Thread

ncfan

2 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

that's what he runs...he is a 4.55 guy always has been...he has good instincts but never was  a fast guy...

I was a lot more concerned with his backpedal. He looked like a tiny LB out there compared to the other CBs.

He just went again. I take it back. What I said was derogatory toward LBs. Unbelievably slow backpedal.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was a lot more concerned with his backpedal. He looked like a tiny LB out there compared to the other CBs.

he is late rd to UFA...he is a good corner but not a starter...he has enough skill to catch on with a team but there are many available like that...

9 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Tony Brown has underachieved his whole career. But I think he has all of the skills to be a solid player.

Even though Alabama made him a captain and in charge of his teammtes ccrfew, I'm nervous he's one of those Bama guys who's unpredictable. 

I'm going to just sit back and watch the riot in here if we draft a cb in the first. If we swing out on a POTENTIAL cut( Talib/Norman) and a better corner falls in the first it should definitely be in play.

People will be pissed but gotta understand Dave's draft picks are kinda on the chopping block and Hurney has no ties to them if a better player is available. 

1 minute ago, jumpman910 said:

I' ggoing to just sit back and watch the riot in here if we draft a cb in the first. If we swing out on a POTENTIAL cut( Talib/Norman) and a better corner falls in the first it should definitely be in play.

People will be pissed but gotta understand Dave's draft picks are kinda on the chopping block and Hurney has no ties to them if a better player is available. 

Who would riot if we draft a CB? Surely not anyone who watched our CBs play last year.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Who would riot if we draft a CB? Surely not anyone who watched our CBs play last year.

They shouldn't  but you know they'll be some that'll say we blew two picks a few years ago. And use that as justification why a cb shouldn't be the pick. 

4 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

I'm going to just sit back and watch the riot in here if we draft a cb in the first. If we swing out on a POTENTIAL cut( Talib/Norman) and a better corner falls in the first it should definitely be in play.

i don't see Hurney looking at any player as Dave's players...

1 minute ago, jumpman910 said:

They shouldn't  but you know they'll be some that'll say we blew two picks a few years ago. And use that as justification why a cb shouldn't be the pick. 

more a justification of why it should be the pick, in that context...

9 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

I'm still hoping that Bradberry just had a slump in his sophomore year. He looked damn good as a rookie. I really don't think Wilks' scheme did our DBs any favors which is crazy since he was our secondary coach before he was promoted to DC. I also still think we're playing Worley out of position. I think the guy's a safety. I used to be REALLY hard on the guy but it was because I was only looking at him as a corner but when I started thinking about the things that he does well (playing off in coverage, tackling, run support, etc) it occurred to me that all of those things translate better at safety. I don't like him as a corner, but I'd love for us to give him a look at safety.

22 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I know people might be tired of drafting corners but JC Jackson, Jaire Alexander, and Mike Hughes all look like good fits for us, especially in the second round. 

Edit: maybe the first round, too, depending on free agency and BPA stuff

Why should people be tired of drafting a CB? You draft BPA and this just happens to be a really good and deep draft at DB. You are absolutely right all of these DB’s should be in play. Our defense struggle at times last season due to lack of takeways. We play in the NFC South you have to have a secondary to compete in this division. 

Archived