• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former NFL Pro Bowler Greg Hardy hits reset with Roughriders, envisions himself back in the NFL someday

Nails

3 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

He had his chance to come back and decided to fight his coach and be an all around ass

And now 3 years later he’s grown by leaps and bounds, is paying dues in an arena league, and is still only 29.

35 minutes ago, Nails said:

And now 3 years later he’s grown by leaps and bounds, is paying dues in an arena league, and is still only 29.

what are these leaps and bounds of whence thou speaketh? hardy has a long history of making poor life decisions, just like hurney has a long history of making crap draft picks and horrible contracts.

one or both of them may have grown, or changed, but in both cases they have enough history of terrible decisions, I need to see some serious evidence of change or growth before i’ll believe it.

4 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

what are these leaps and bounds of whence thou speaketh? hardy has a long history of making poor life decisions, just like hurney has a long history of making crap draft picks and horrible contracts.

one or both of them may have grown, or changed, but in both cases they have enough history of terrible decisions, I need to see some serious evidence of change or growth before i’ll believe it.

Having all charges dropped, staying out of trouble, vastly improving and excelling in a new sport, earning rave reviews from peers and instructors, being a great teammate in the Spring League, signing with a new team, etc.

17 minutes ago, Nails said:

Having all charges dropped, staying out of trouble, vastly improving and excelling in a new sport, earning rave reviews from peers and instructors, being a great teammate in the Spring League, signing with a new team, etc.

Some truth there. 

18 minutes ago, Nails said:

that's a whole lotta hyperbole, with zero actual evidence.  You should consider a career in political writing.

5 hours ago, arbnranger said:

Hey may continue at some low level cards but as a 25 year fan and the self prcclaimed resident expert of all things UFC, ...he never makes it to the big show. 

Imho. 

Best of luck in whatever he does though. People make mistakes, some people change . Time will tell .

I'm looking forward to this Edgar/Ortega scrap tonight. I underestimated Frankie for years and I feel like I've kind of been doing the same with Ortega. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm looking forward to this Edgar/Ortega scrap tonight. I underestimated Frankie for years and I feel like I've kind of been doing the same with Ortega. 

Bro , I’m so torn. 

Frankie is “the answer” for a reason and has been for a long time...but a man just can’t help but like Ortega . Both such classy athletes and human beings.

Personally, I’m going to remain neutral and just pull for a great match. That’s one of the unique things with MMA that I love... a person can leave with a loss on the record but a win in the hearts and minds of the fans . Win loss isn’t as important as performance and heart. 

Lets hope for a good one .

Enjoy my bro!

3 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

Bro , I’m so torn. 

Frankie is “the answer” for a reason and has been for a long time...but a man just can’t help but like Ortega . Both such classy athletes and human beings.

Personally, I’m going to remain neutral and just pull for a great match. That’s one of the unique things with MMA that I love... a person can leave with a loss on the record but a win in the hearts and minds of the fans . Win loss isn’t as important as performance and heart. 

Lets hope for a good one .

Enjoy my bro!

Pretty much this. The rest of this card though... ugh. A whole bunch of trash. Does anyone really want to watch Cyborg beat up another soccer mom? Arlovski and Struve battling for the CTE championship? 

16 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

that's a whole lotta hyperbole, with zero actual evidence.  You should consider a career in political writing.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/16/17021392/former-nfl-player-greg-hardy-mma-lfa-33-ufc-news-interview

Don’t take my word for it-listen to Billy Padden, who has spent more time with him recently than anyone-

Archived