• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ronald Darby on trade block?

KDawg004

17 minutes ago, KDawg004 said:

We could cut Sheppard and trade for Darby and still gain $1M in cap space lol. Considering how cheap his contract is, we can still spend big on a WR in FA. I like the idea of trading up for Derwin James too if he falls within range.

Sign a FA WR, bring back Peppers and maybe sign Vinny Curry when he’s cut, trade for Darby, trade up for Derwin James and draft a RB in the 2nd. That’s a crazy good offseason. Too good to be true.

The other question I have is how much is he going to command when he hits FA?

derwin is the type of player that i am more than willing to package to move up for. depending on how far he falls. if he gets to 15, we need to move up. he's a top 5 player and it all depends on what other teams are reaching for. we wouldn't have to worry about safety for quite a while. he has hall of fame potential.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Eagle viewpoint: http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-rumor-birds-trading-cornerback-third-round-pick/

Additional reason to do this: He is 24 years old with 3 years of experience.  Had 3 picks in 2017 in about 8 games--coming off an injury.

While my initial reaction was not positive, the Eagles are trying to get something for him to avoid losing him next season.  Bad side?  All of our CBs (Bradberry, Worley, and Darby would be getting new deals in 2019. 

Bradberry and Worley are signed through 2019.

Archived