• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ronald Darby on trade block?

KDawg004

Looks like the Eagles are looking to unload contracts after the Bennett acquisition. Rumors floating around that Darby will be the one dealt. I know some are not pleased with Bradberry and Worley. Darby has 1 year $1M left on his contract.

6 minutes ago, KDawg004 said:

Looks like the Eagles are looking to unload contracts after the Bennett acquisition. Rumors floating around that Darby will be the one dealt. I know some are not pleased with Bradberry and Worley. Darby has 1 year $1M left on his contract.

holy fug one year one million? SEND THE DAMN PICK

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

i'd let capt go and move worley to nickel if we could get an improvement. I'd say it's worth it for just next year and if he proves worthy, worry about resigning him next year.

Capt has a contract that makes that tough.  In addition, I would go with Corn Elder, sight unseen, before moving Worley there---but that is just me.

Yea idk about a third knowing that the contract is only a year.

Seriously doubt that we cut Captain based on that salary unless it was a roster limit or comp pick type thing.

If we did move away from Worley at CB, I'd honestly be curious if he could transition to FS. He seems pretty decent when he has his head upfield on the QB.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/ronald-darby/9483

OK, here is the upside--we would be able to draft another position in the first or second round.

He is an experienced, #1 CB that could allow Bradberry to move to #2.  He is cheap this year--we could lock him down next year after Kalils and Davis are gone.

Changed my mind.  Do this deal. With limited cap room this year, it is worth it.

Eagle viewpoint: http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-rumor-birds-trading-cornerback-third-round-pick/

Additional reason to do this: He is 24 years old with 3 years of experience.  Had 3 picks in 2017 in about 8 games--coming off an injury.

While my initial reaction was not positive, the Eagles are trying to get something for him to avoid losing him next season.  Bad side?  All of our CBs (Bradberry, Worley, and Darby would be getting new deals in 2019. 

Archived