• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson accuser speaks and provides proof

panther4life

1 minute ago, DrankenPanther said:

And if you are ignorant enough to think she did absolutely nothing but be a pretty female that works for JR. You are as dumb as you sound on most posts. I will agree to disagree, and agree that you are not worth talking to as well. Good day sir. I like the first round pick and am looking forward to next season.

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with the notion that she didn't ask to be sexually harassed by a creepy old man in his seventies.

How sad that poor, innocent Jerry Richardson has been led on by these evil women.

Scott Fowler calls bulls--t on the Panthers and the NFL...

The farce of the Jerry Richardson probe

So it was hard to enjoy the run-up to the draft, because there was this vague sense of creepiness emanating from Bank of America Stadium. When the hometown team and a cadre of loyal employees has allegedly coddled, protected and cleaned up the messes of its 81-year-old owner for so many years, whether the Panthers pick a wide receiver or a cornerback in the first round doesn’t seem so important anymore.

And here’s the thing that may be the most disconcerting: We may never really know exactly what Richardson did. Not even close.
Today's top news by email

That’s because — according to this Sports Illustrated report based on a series of letters written by a former female Panthers employee who alleges she was sexually harassed multiple times by Richardson — the NFL probe has no real power.

The unnamed former Panthers employee wrote in Sports Illustrated that she wants to talk to lead investigator Mary Jo White, but has not been able to because the employee signed a non-disclosure agreement as part of a financial settlement paid to her.
'You have zero power'

That money would be at risk, the employee wrote, if she broke the NDA without assurances from White of protection.

“My attorney spoke with Mary Jo White to let her know that I was willing to cooperate with the investigation that you had given to her,” the former employee wrote. “Ms. White said she would like to hear my truth, but neither she nor you could protect me from the penalties of breaching my NDA. What?

“Let me get this straight. You say you are doing a thorough investigation of ‘workplace misconduct’ of Jerry Richardson. Through my attorney, I let you know that I am indeed a victim of such ‘misconduct’ and have information for you — but you cannot protect me. Got it. You have zero power, and that makes your investigation a farce.”

I wonder if the NFL — which has not given any indication as to when the White report will come, or what it will say — really does want to get to the bottom of this. Or is this like Jack Nicholson in “A Few Good Men,” screaming: “You can’t handle the truth!”

Does the NFL really want to handle the truth?

Do the Panthers?

Or would that simply be “bad for your business,” as the former employee alleges?

Oh, but wait, you might say, the Panthers employ Tina Becker as their chief operating officer! She makes all sorts of important decisions!

The Panthers issued another press release Thursday to respond to the latest round of SI allegations and featured Becker prominently in it. They once again talked about how Becker in December “immediately began working toward addressing the issues” and how the Panthers have “restructured executive responsibilities and added a comprehensive training program on harassment and diversity and inclusion issues.”

Maybe so, but the Panthers have never made Becker available to non-team media — not once in four months! — to actually answer questions about how she is working on “addressing the issues.”

It’s just one vague-sounding statement after another, with Becker deep in the shadows. Becker does actually exist — I have actually seen her once or twice — but the Panthers have done her no favors with their radio-silence approach. It seems like even when a woman is in a position of obvious power with the Panthers, as Becker is, the sounds of silence do not change. Her voice could be a powerful one here, but we have not heard it.
No apology, no explanation

The Panthers aren’t doing themselves any favors, either. In terms of the specific allegations leveled — the most damning of these latest ones included Richardson’s suggestive handwritten notes to the former female employee about pampering, lip gloss, lotion, shaved legs and other cringe-worthy items — there has been no apology.

No explanation. No nothing.

Before long there will be no more Richardson at the helm of the operation, either. The Panthers are on the verge of being sold — reportedly for around $2.5 billion, the highest price ever paid for a U.S. pro sports franchise. So Richardson — who announced he was going to sell the team in December, only hours after the first SI story broke — at least sped up his timetable for selling.

But Richardson will leave with the ultimate golden parachute, and he may never be held accountable for what he allegedly did.

Because what is the NFL’s motivation for doing the right thing and figuring out a way to investigate these allegations thoroughly? I’m not sure what it is, really — except for the fact that it would be right thing to do.

Show us something, NFL.

Show us something, Panthers.

Make us believe you really are taking all this seriously.

Because right now, it’s pretty hard to believe.

12 minutes ago, CosmoGirl said:

The interactions I've had with Rosalin is she's a next Tuesday. Would not spit on her if she was on fire. And if you're paying for a manicure/pedi, I'm in.

I could be overlooking this, and it could be in the article, but is the lady who JR harassed name Rosalin? How did you know? Did you know what was going on?

29 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I could be overlooking this, and it could be in the article, but is the lady who JR harassed name Rosalin? How did you know? Did you know what was going on?

His wife. If I were a male and married to that, I'd find a side piece too!

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Scott Fowler calls bulls--t on the Panthers and the NFL...

The farce of the Jerry Richardson probe

Why in the hell are you still a fan???? If you are so against this, and everybody is a victim, and you are such a hero against all of this negative information, Why in the actual Fu*k do you still deal with the Carolina panthers?  If I felt that everybody but the owner was absolutely innocent I would find something else to do. Or another team to pull for.  I most definitely would not argue on a forum about how I feel. I guess you dont have anything better to do. You might as well go argue with Jewish people about how nazis were right about killing them.  If you feel that the Jewish people should not have the right to live, you should just come out and say it you racist.

5 hours ago, DrankenPanther said:

Never again call me a racist and put words in my mouth you POS. way to take it too far. How does it feel??

Upsetting a misogynist spouting ignorant garbage?

Feels pretty good, actually.

Your "oh, she must have led him on" schtick is some of the most idiotic stuff I've seen posted here.

16 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Jerry needs to hurry up with this sell so he can keep Rosilin from anymore embarrassment.. After 50 something years of marriage he owns her this..

yeah, but the NFL is making sure. Mister should have pulled a Howard Hughes months ago. 

google that sh!t. @SCP

Archived