• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Ja  Rhule

17 hours ago, natty said:

While I'm exited for the final season and I'm sure it will be quite a spectacle, they really ruined the entire essence of the show in s7.    

I can overlook the stupid timeline for Dany saving the guys north of the wall(or even the ridiculous reason they were there in the first place), I can look past the fake tension between Arya and Sansa(which no one bought anyway) just for the writers to say 'ha you were bamboozled!', I can overlook Jaime still supporting Cercei even after she did something that he killed a king he was sworn to protect over.

The biggest shocking moments of the series have come as a result of a simple principle - actions have consequences and it doesn't matter if you're a major character, you're going to suffer those consequences.  Ned being executed, the red wedding, Jon getting stabbed - all of these things reinforce that notion and make the story incredibly suspenseful as a result.

When Jamie charged Dany and narrowly survived my mind started racing with what could happen next.  With Jaime being captured what would Tyrion do?  Will he betray Dany and help him escape?(he kinda owes Jaime a jailbreak)  Will he convince Dany to keep him alive as leverage against Cercei?   Bronn's obviously going to have to die, how will Tyrion react?  Will he try to argue to save his life and thus drive a wedge between him and Dany?  Man, so many things are up in the air, I can't wait to watch the next episode.  

Then Jaime somehow wakes up on the other side of the river.  Got a clean getaway.  His actions had no consequences, it was just there for a cheap thrill.   Way to rip the soul out of the show....

Sorry for the rant.

you know what, a little time has made be forget exactly how bad the Jamie thing was.  A shame GOT did that.  That Jamie scene was basically them pulling  a version of the magical dumpster from the Walking Dead...which is something that really surprised me.   As the magical dumpster was inspired by the Jon Snow scene IMO.  TWD wanted to capture some of "that" TV magic GOT got w/ Snow.   Then GOT follows it up w/ a similar botched "we gotcha!!" TV shows always get too greedy...and forget that good storytelling is what matters. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

you know what, a little time has made be forget exactly how bad the Jamie thing was.  A shame GOT did that.  That Jamie scene was basically them pulling  a version of the magical dumpster from the Walking Dead...which is something that really surprised me.   As the magical dumpster was inspired by the Jon Snow scene IMO.  TWD wanted to capture some of "that" TV magic GOT got w/ Snow.   Then GOT follows it up w/ a similar botched "we gotcha!!" TV shows always get too greedy...and forget that good storytelling is what matters. 

don't forget... GoT did it twice more with Jon too. Under the pile of bodies in the Battle of the Bastards, and then vs. the White Walkers when he fell into the icy water when they were trying to capture the wight.

6 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Also, there's a pretty solid rumor going around that Tyrion indeed betrayed Dany and Jon to Cersei before the Dragnopit, and that they'll find out and, when the dust settles, he'll be judged.

I even read the thoughts that maybe he asks for trial by combat again, and he champions the Mountain/Gregorstein to fight for him. Dany champions Jon, and the Hound steps up and says something along the lines of "Sit the fug down, your grace. I've been waiting a long time for this" and BOOM CLEAGANEBOWL GET HYPE!

Don't know how I would feel about a Tyrion betrayal.  I think the only version I could accept would be something to save his brother Jamie.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Don't know how I would feel about a Tyrion betrayal.  I think the only version I could accept would be something to save his brother Jamie.  

Supposedly he sold out info about Dany or the dragons to Cersei, and maybe even conspired to turn on her when he could. Maybe once the Golden Company arrives? Rumor is that he had Cersei lie at the Dragonpit. Ultimately it isn't known if it was because he has the feels for Cersei's potential child, or if Tyrion knew in advance that this would enrage Jaime enough to push him north to fight The Night King alongside him. Either way, he betrayed Dany's trust, and could have to answer for it.

4 minutes ago, Bronn said:

don't forget... GoT did it twice more with Jon too. Under the pile of bodies in the Battle of the Bastards, and then vs. the White Walkers when he fell into the icy water when they were trying to capture the wight.

The difference is they didnt wait multiple episodes to keep you waiting/wondering if he survived. They wrapped it up the same episode. TWD had you waiting multiple episodes/entire offseasons to find out what happened.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Things always come back around in GOT. His whole life Tyrion has been seen as the "Imp" a monster. I think he will live up to the name. He showed some of that family guilt in the assault on the supply train when Lannister soldiers were burning. Cersei telling him she's pregnant is all the excuse he needs to betray Jon/Dany and try to redeem himself in the eyes of his family. Something awful is inevitable. 

3 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

The difference is they didnt wait multiple episodes to keep you waiting/wondering if he survived. They wrapped it up the same episode. TWD had you waiting multiple episodes/entire offseasons to find out what happened.

I still thought the Jamie thing was incredibly bad.  I mean I give them the first Snow death.  That was good.  But in large part it was good because GOT was true to the fact anyone can die.  Ever since then they have greenlighted the fake outs.  But yeah, they wrap up the fake out quick. 

I was watching some recaps on you tube one night where someone basically edits all the scenes that featured a character from different seasons to get caught back up on some story lines that might be fuzzy...

and I can officially say, the Hound is easily my overall favorite character.  I don't think I ever realized that until I went back and re watched some stuff. 

and it probably will be a very minor scene big picture.  But I am totally looking forward to whenever Arya's direwolf returns the save Arya.  I mean that has to happen right?  

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

I was watching some recaps on you tube one night where someone basically edits all the scenes that featured a character from different seasons to get caught back up on some story lines that might be fuzzy...

and I can officially say, the Hound is easily my overall favorite character.  I don't think I ever realized that until I went back and re watched some stuff. 

Easily my favorite too, I think. On the show, especially.

I am still holding out hope that the Hound is Azor Ahai. It would really be ironic, given his fear of fire.

Back to Bronn. I just read another cool idea.

He's already owed/been given a castle (Stokeworth.)

Tyrion tells him whatever he's being paid, he'll pay double.

What's the only place we know of that consists of two castles?

Bronn gets The Twins, in the end. Making people pay to cross his bridge until his days are over, lol.

19 hours ago, natty said:

While I'm exited for the final season and I'm sure it will be quite a spectacle, they really ruined the entire essence of the show in s7.    

I can overlook the stupid timeline for Dany saving the guys north of the wall(or even the ridiculous reason they were there in the first place), I can look past the fake tension between Arya and Sansa(which no one bought anyway) just for the writers to say 'ha you were bamboozled!', I can overlook Jaime still supporting Cercei even after she did something that he killed a king he was sworn to protect over.

The biggest shocking moments of the series have come as a result of a simple principle - actions have consequences and it doesn't matter if you're a major character, you're going to suffer those consequences.  Ned being executed, the red wedding, Jon getting stabbed - all of these things reinforce that notion and make the story incredibly suspenseful as a result.

When Jamie charged Dany and narrowly survived my mind started racing with what could happen next.  With Jaime being captured what would Tyrion do?  Will he betray Dany and help him escape?(he kinda owes Jaime a jailbreak)  Will he convince Dany to keep him alive as leverage against Cercei?   Bronn's obviously going to have to die, how will Tyrion react?  Will he try to argue to save his life and thus drive a wedge between him and Dany?  Man, so many things are up in the air, I can't wait to watch the next episode.  

Then Jaime somehow wakes up on the other side of the river.  Got a clean getaway.  His actions had no consequences, it was just there for a cheap thrill.   Way to rip the soul out of the show....

Sorry for the rant.

Agree completely

I hope Tyrion doesn't help Cersei, I wouldn't like that at all, with how she's treated him and how he knows how evil she is.

I still think it's possible Sansa takes the throne, maybe WITH Tyrion believe it or not, but really who knows.

But Funko Pop put out 5 characters on the throne as figures and they were:  Cersei, Jon, Dany, Night King, and Tyrion.     Just saying lol.

39 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I hope Tyrion doesn't help Cersei, I wouldn't like that at all, with how she's treated him and how he knows how evil she is.

I still think it's possible Sansa takes the throne, maybe WITH Tyrion believe it or not, but really who knows.

But Funko Pop put out 5 characters on the throne as figures and they were:  Cersei, Jon, Dany, Night King, and Tyrion.     Just saying lol.

watch it end up being Varys or some poo at the end after everyone else spends all the time fighting and dying lol.  That would suck. 

Archived