• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sugar coating RBs, CJ lead back

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

And yet you said CMC’s highest speed was 19 MPH and I proved you wrong by looking at his longest TD which is where the highest point of speed comes from. I do still wonder if you understand that that measure is from one single point of a play not the average speed of the player. Oh well, you were wrong on the point I posted about. 

Congrats you had to use the last game of the season to prove a point LMAO

If Mccaffrey was faster he would have had more long runs, that’s how speed works. And it still proves my point Kamara is faster than Mccaffrey. 

20 minutes ago, Mikey818 said:

ournette and Alvin but suddenly people say he is slower. That’s illogical and it’s not 6 years ago I maintain that if the three raced for 40 yards today he would beat both of them. Alvin was almost a tenth slower at the combine 

Yet everything they have done on a football field has shown Kamara and Fournette to be faster. But the true test should be in shorts. And make sure one guy weighs 38 lbs. more than the other. 

I honestly don’t care who’s a step faster. That’s the only part of CMCs game that is not a concern. If he showed any of the tackle-breaking ability that the other two have, there would be no issues. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Yet everything they have done on a football field has shown Kamara and Fournette to be faster. But the true test should be in shorts. And make sure one guy weighs 38 lbs. more than the other. 

I honestly don’t care who’s a step faster. That’s the only part of CMCs game that is not a concern. If he showed any of the tackle-breaking ability that the other two have, there would be no issues. 

I agree with you that they both break tackles better. Cmc is probably the best nfl back as a pass catcher but poor as a short yardage runner

5 minutes ago, Mikey818 said:

I agree with you that they both break tackles better. Cmc is probably the best nfl back as a pass catcher but poor as a short yardage runner

Which is exactly why he wasn’t worth a top ten pick. That doesn’t mean he can’t be valuable or is in any way a bust, just a poor use of draft value. And Stewart shouldn’t have prevented them from finding out if he was capable of handling 20 touches a week. Now we either don’t know, or the coaches have already made up their minds as to what type of player he is. Which would be an even bigger waste.

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Which is exactly why he wasn’t worth a top ten pick. That doesn’t mean he can’t be valuable or is in any way a bust, just a poor use of draft value. And Stewart shouldn’t have prevented them from finding out if he was capable of handling 20 touches a week. Now we either don’t know, or the coaches have already made up their minds as to what type of player he is. Which would be an even bigger waste.

Well he is what I thought he was at Stanford. Never a good inside runner but a guy who could kill you out in space. If Reggie bush was drafted number one and could never run inside then cmc should be a first rounder because of what he CAN do not what he can’t do. Tell me who would have converted first downs for us last year if we didn’t have cmc?

4 minutes ago, Mikey818 said:

Well he is what I thought he was at Stanford. Never a good inside runner but a guy who could kill you out in space. If Reggie bush was drafted number one and could never run inside then cmc should be a first rounder because of what he CAN do not what he can’t do. Tell me who would have converted first downs for us last year if we didn’t have cmc?

Sorry Reggie was picked second Lendale White did all the inside running at USC 

Just now, Mikey818 said:

One, Reggie Bush was the exact reason you don’t take RBs that can’t handle being the every down back. 

And there are many RBs in the NFL who can catch the ball out of the backfield every bit as well as CMC. The difference is most teams find these players in the later rounds/UDFA. Duke Johnson, Shane Vereen, Theo Reddick to name a couple. Is CMC that much better than any of these players to justify a top ten pick? No he’s not. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

One, Reggie Bush was the exact reason you don’t take RBs that can’t handle being the every down back. 

And there are many RBs in the NFL who can catch the ball out of the backfield every bit as well as CMC. The difference is most teams find these players in the later rounds/UDFA. Duke Johnson, Shane Vereen, Theo Reddick to name a couple. Is CMC that much better than any of these players to justify a top ten pick? No he’s not. 

Well maybe he shoulda been picked late first round but it’s water under the bridge They should use his positive assets and use Anderson for the tough inside yards

Archived