• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2018/19 Season Thread

Ja  Rhule

8 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Looking on the ball and running toward it is considered playing the ball...  They literally discussed that multiple times during the game and after the game. Stop justifying ref gift to your team.

Here are the real FA rules and not garbage you posted from Spurs forum.

He was very involved in active play and was offside.

I guess you really need to work on your reading comprehension. Here's the FA Rules for you, since you think I took that from a Spurs website:

"a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence"

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

I went ahead and put it in bold and underlined it so you can understand. Your guys should have been down to ten after the 12th minute, and were basically given free reign through the entire game to try and take out Kane by slicing through his legs studs up from behind recklessly. But hey.. keep crying about how the refs robbed you... it's just showing how ridiculous you are being right now. I mean, seriously? You think I quoted a Spurs site? C'mon man, you've known me too long to say poo like that. I thought you were one of the few level-headed Arsenal fans out there. Don't tell me I've been mistaken for this long.

4 minutes ago, Raskle said:

I guess you really need to work on your reading comprehension. Here's the FA Rules for you, since you think I took that from a Spurs website:

"a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence"

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

I went ahead and put it in bold and underlined it so you can understand. Your guys should have been down to ten after the 12th minute, and were basically given free reign through the entire game to try and take out Kane by slicing through his legs studs up from behind recklessly. But hey.. keep crying about how the refs robbed you... it's just showing how ridiculous you are being right now. I mean, seriously? You think I quoted a Spurs site? C'mon man, you've known me too long to say poo like that. I thought you were one of the few level-headed Arsenal fans out there. Don't tell me I've been mistaken for this long.

Kane (who was offside) was not allowed to block Mustafi (who was onside) from clearing the ball.  Once Kane blocked Mustafi, he became an active player and effected the play.

You do not need to touch the ball to be considered “active player”.  

Well, as a United fan I couldn't be happier with the Spurs/Arsenal result, gets us within three of Spurs and one point clear of the Gunners.

Great match today against Southampton, both teams had some magnificent goals. Ole seems to be getting the best out of the boys right now. Lukaku with two goals (should have had three, Pogba should have given him that penalty), Andreas factored in on two goals (another Academy player making an impact), Dalot looked threatening (who would have thought Dalot would look more promising than Fred, two of the 2018 signings), and even Chong got some time.

With Alexis possibly suffering some ligament damage, Dalot should be next in line to receive more minutes on the wing.

11 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Kane (who was offside) was not allowed to block Mustafi (who was onside) from clearing the ball.  Once Kane blocked Mustafi, he became an active player and effected the play.

You do not need to touch the ball to be considered “active player”.  

Ok fine... deliberately obtuse it is then, I guess. The rule is written in a way exactly for instances such as this. The foul occurred before the ball was even near them, so by rule, the penalty was legitimate. If the ball isn't near them, it can't be "in play" or technically an attempt to be in play, because Kane may have realized he was offside and backed up, gone sideways, or curled up into a knot. The ref can't know what the player will do, so the rule is there to minimize the subjective bias, by defining that if the player is fouled before the ball gets within the general area that there can be no offside offense. By the way, I guess you missed where it's stated before "actively challenging an opponent for the ball" in the rule, which is what you're counterargument was based on completely. So, still falls under this rule as penalty shot.

I notice you have also completely ignored the fact that Arsenal should have been down one man by the 12th minute, which would have totally changed the dynamic of the game. We most likely would not have needed to have this discussion in the first place, had it been correctly called. You didn't see me come in here screaming like a petulant toddler about how the refs robbed us!!! after it happened. It's because the refs, being human, either missed it or subjectively decided it wasn't an infraction of the rules. Everyone else in the world thought it should have been a red, outside Gooner fans, but poo happens and so we move on.

Thanks for confirming though that I was wrong about you. This is the last time that I'll be responding to this poo argument, so feel free to rant and rave to your heart's content. Severely disappointing though, as I thought you were one of the good ones, and not someone who would be too biased to see both sides of a discussion. Guess in the end, that only fits your narrative when it comes to everyone else but the Gooner squad, which is sad.

1 hour ago, Raskle said:

Ok fine... deliberately obtuse it is then, I guess. The rule is written in a way exactly for instances such as this. The foul occurred before the ball was even near them, so by rule, the penalty was legitimate. If the ball isn't near them, it can't be "in play" or technically an attempt to be in play, because Kane may have realized he was offside and backed up, gone sideways, or curled up into a knot. The ref can't know what the player will do, so the rule is there to minimize the subjective bias, by defining that if the player is fouled before the ball gets within the general area that there can be no offside offense. By the way, I guess you missed where it's stated before "actively challenging an opponent for the ball" in the rule, which is what you're counterargument was based on completely. So, still falls under this rule as penalty shot.

I notice you have also completely ignored the fact that Arsenal should have been down one man by the 12th minute, which would have totally changed the dynamic of the game. We most likely would not have needed to have this discussion in the first place, had it been correctly called. You didn't see me come in here screaming like a petulant toddler about how the refs robbed us!!! after it happened. It's because the refs, being human, either missed it or subjectively decided it wasn't an infraction of the rules. Everyone else in the world thought it should have been a red, outside Gooner fans, but poo happens and so we move on.

Thanks for confirming though that I was wrong about you. This is the last time that I'll be responding to this poo argument, so feel free to rant and rave to your heart's content. Severely disappointing though, as I thought you were one of the good ones, and not someone who would be too biased to see both sides of a discussion. Guess in the end, that only fits your narrative when it comes to everyone else but the Gooner squad, which is sad.

Why are you raging so much?  Do not take my word for it.  Take everyone else’s word.  It’s not a penalty... Plain and simple.  You do not understand the offside rule and that’s ok.  You got called out for posting fake news from Spurs forum.  Man up and accept that you were wrong instead of trying to deflect to Xhaka 12th minute challange.  

Also, I could not care what someone thinks of me on random message board.  Especially someone who has an issue accepting he was wrong.

43 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Starting to see what a few folks mentioned with Higuian.  He should have scored 3 today easily.  Still, win is a win.

He is past his prime.  It was a great game tho.

Watch for Wolves next week.  They are hot.

Everton vs. Liverpool is one of the best 0-0 games in a while.

20 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Holy hell what just happened to Spurs? I turned it off in the 75th minute to watch basketball and then I see Southampton came back and one across the scroller.

Southampton in 2nd half was completely different team...  So Cardiff was winning at the half, that dropped Southampton into relegation zone so they came out swinging.  I told my Spurs fan coworker that Spurs will lose to Southampton cause it was a trap game.  Two players were supposed to be sent off for Spurs with both straight reds so they are somewhat lucky to have those 2 players for the next 3 games.

Archived