• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Dead 2 Thread?

thefuzz

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Played for an hour and a half or so yesterday...mostly trying to figure out how to hunt.  Not easy getting pristine pelts and what not....and still haven't seen a legendary animal yet...other than the bear, which I was able to put down.

Before you shoot an animal, take a look at the number of stars next to it's name.  Three stars means the pelt is in "perfect."  Then the idea is to kill the animal with a weapon that won't obliterate the pelt.  Blasting a deer at close range with a shotgun would do a number on the pelt, obviously.  Any questions about what guns are best, take a look at the compendium.  I kept destroying trash pandas, then I went and bought a varmint rifle, which is best for rodents and the like.

As far as legendary animals, you get an in-game map pretty early on, I believe.  If you want an exact map, I posted a link to a PDF of the guide somewhere earlier in the thread.  The guide is still really helpful, and the spoiler sections are avoidable.

10 minutes ago, Skack25 said:

Before you shoot an animal, take a look at the number of stars next to it's name.  Three stars means the pelt is in "perfect."  Then the idea is to kill the animal with a weapon that won't obliterate the pelt.  Blasting a deer at close range with a shotgun would do a number on the pelt, obviously.  Any questions about what guns are best, take a look at the compendium.  I kept destroying trash pandas, then I went and bought a varmint rifle, which is best for rodents and the like.

As far as legendary animals, you get an in-game map pretty early on, I believe.  If you want an exact map, I posted a link to a PDF of the guide somewhere earlier in the thread.  The guide is still really helpful, and the spoiler sections are avoidable.

Hmmm, need to get on that.

I shot a deer yesterday in the head, with a rifle, and still got a poor pelt.  Maybe I just need to be closer?

I'll keep hunting, and see if I can get the hang of it.

54 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I shot a deer yesterday in the head, with a rifle, and still got a poor pelt.  Maybe I just need to be closer?

Was the deer 3 star?  Did you shoot it in the "vital" area?  It's easier once you get your dead eye level up because the vital areas are highlighted.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Ammo types make an impact as well.

Here's some tips on the pelts.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/09/red-dead-redemption-2-perfect-pelts-sell-store/

50 minutes ago, PurityControl said:

Kids are out of school and I got the week off So I'm about to crush it. 

The problem is the game is so immersive that you can waste 2hrs of real time like that just exploring.

Love it

I noticed that the other day...I sat down...1 1/2 hours later, I'm still just casually riding through the wilderness, had gotten exactly Zero done in the game.

8 hours ago, Moorgan said:

I spent 2 hours of real time trying to hunt a perfect elk. As I was trying to come across one I shot a perfect buck and a perfect deer. Awesome. Got attacked by wolves, died and lost everything. 2 hours.

I tracked a legendary fox. Tracked it for 15 minutes, finally found it. Then get ambushed by Lamoyne Raiders. Then found it, killed it, and got killed by more Lamoyne Raiders on the way to the trapper. Luckily legendaries just auto go to the trapper or I'd have been pissed

Archived