• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49er's also offered Reid a contract

GRWatcher

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd say his hopes of winning that collusion case are kind of dwindling.

(didn't really think he was gonna win it anyway)

I think he still has a case.  Everyone can see the Nike Kapernick deal and Nike's success made this move possible.  Before that no one in the NFL was touching him.  Whether that came from up top is what they have to prove or at least make a case that it was strongly possible. 

Just now, Udogg said:

I think he still has a case.  Everyone can see the Nike Kapernick deal and Nike's success made this move possible.  Before that no one in the NFL was touching him.  Whether that came from up top is what they have to prove or at least make a case that it was strongly possible. 

If we hadn't lost a safety to injury, pretty likely we weren't touching him either.

The trouble with Reid not getting a contract was most likely due to his injury record not collusion and teams didn't want to take that risk bringing him in. A few teams did offer him a contract but he turned them down because he would have been a back-up and not a starter which he did not want to take a back seat and spend time on a bench instead of on the field.

15 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Pretty sure the Seahawks were interested in him also. Must’ve seen the Panther situation as the best fit for him and he could start immediately.

The Panthers give him a better chance of being competitive than the other two teams. 

Archived