• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riverboat Rivera on not going for it on 4th and a centimeter on the first drive.

Saca312

36 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Your point? Look I think we both know we are on opposite side of this already, no need to rehash the entire argument.

fwiw the outrage over this is stupid, if you want to blame someone for the loss yesterday DJ Moore hands down wins it. Rivera didn’t personally fumble the ball and put the panthers in a 0-14 hole.

we pretty much dominate that game 20-9 if not for DJ Moore. 

But its Rivera’s Fault for not going for it on 4 and 1 on the first possession when the score was 0-0. Right... y’all be trippin.

My point is that Gruden went for it when you had said McVay was the only one you’ve seen go for it. 

Thats literelly it. I know we’re not going to agree on this just pointing that out

3 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

I see going for it on 4-1 on the wrong side of 50 a desperation move. You do it when your team absolutely needs it. 

On the first drive score 0-0 there is no way I’m doing that. And pretty much every other coach in the league would have done the same.

Only coach I’ve seen do that this year is the Rams head coach, but he also has the best team in the league right now. If you know you’re good enough to recover from it going wrong then why not?

panthers aren’t good enough to be making plays like that. In 2015 we were. Not today.

And 20 years ago you would be right. But now it's not a desperate attempt more another attempt. All the good coaches in the NFL go for it now because of how the league is set up. All that punt did was give Washington the lead. Ron Riveras ultra conservative approach kills us every time it rears its ugly head. 

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

Your point? Look I think we both know we are on opposite side of this already, no need to rehash the entire argument.

fwiw the outrage over this is stupid, if you want to blame someone for the loss yesterday DJ Moore hands down wins it. Rivera didn’t personally fumble the ball and put the panthers in a 0-14 hole.

we pretty much dominate that game 20-9 if not for DJ Moore. 

But its Rivera’s Fault for not going for it on 4 and 1 on the first possession when the score was 0-0. Right... y’all be trippin.

Gotta be honest here...that's what Ron is looking at right now with his coaches.

"If DJ hadn't fumbled those balls, we could have slowed down the game, forced Alex to beat us, and run the ball with Christian and CJ.  This game should have ended different."

Problem is, that's the way Ron wants to win football games, but the NFL isn't setup to win that way.  Another problem with that line of thinking?  We play in the NFCS, a division with 2 HOF QB's in it already on opposing teams.  The Panthers have GOT to open their eyes to 2018.

Archived