• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants Trade CB Eli Apple To The Saints

bobsfoodbasics

2 hours ago, Krovvy said:

He's played well, just read the Giants boards, they're not happy. He was their only legit corner.

Dave just created a giant hole in the Giants' secondary, like he did while in charge of the Panthers. It could take several years to get even one legit starting corner.

Edit: Also, why not just let him play out his rookie contract, let him improve, and then see if a team signs him for a payday? Try and snag a third round compensatory pick. They won't need his cap space, it's not like they're going to be a good team by next season anyway. 

Giants fans also thought think that Timbs are dress shoes.

Jenkins is their #1 CB and has shown the ability to play at a high level. Jenkins and Webb are just as effective as Jenkins and Apple, and with that team in the gutter atm they can use the help rebuilding. I'm surprised it was for 2020, but i'm assuming that is because they like their chances of getting a hire pick then rather than what the Saints would give them for 2019.

He created an issue at CB2, but like we saw with Moton/Williams, Lotulelei/Short, etc he did fix positional issues (when prices were right). I have faith in them doing the same in NY, my guy.

With the issues he had last season including Collins calling him a cancer they might be offloading him before he starts to cause more issues. I can only guess on that part tho. According to NYPost it was also an issue with diminishing return after a promising rookie season, awful 2nd season, and this season having missed 2 games and not being impactful during his 5 starts. They're also interested in what Sam Beal can do. That along with a 1-6 record meant that it was time to get the value that they could out of him and start rebuilding.

Archived