• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Take your pick part 2

Brokenbad

I think Rodgers would work well enough in our system that close games would not be an issue.

The main thing I don't like about Rodgers other then big game record is that he operates mostly out of a spread shotgun formation which as we all know.....we don't.

The main thing I don't like about Rodgers other then big game record is that he operates mostly out of a spread shotgun formation which as we all know.....we don't.

He can handle the dish and dive stuff as well as anyone. The upgrade would be that the spread would become a more reliable option for us, and we can still rely on a power running game in short yardage situations coupled with a QB with a decent set of legs and a level head in tight situations.

What about Matt Schaub he is leading in the TD pass area??

I like Schaub but I was trying to think of someone that is young and can be a play maker at QB for us for 10 years. Thats the reason I went with Cutler, he's 26 and has a better arm, while Schaub is 28 and less mobile in the pocket as well.

He can handle the dish and dive stuff as well as anyone. The upgrade would be that the spread would become a more reliable option for us, and we can still rely on a power running game in short yardage situations coupled with a QB with a decent set of legs and a level head in tight situations.

Well I think we are splitting hairs either way, we can both agree each would be an upgrade. Given the opportunity I would take either without hesitation as I'm sure you would.

Seriously IMO if you don't take Peyton you're a freaking idiot.

Peyton is getting up there in age though now. You would have a 1-4 year window to win a championship. With a young QB like Cutler, Rivers or Rodgers and our youth on defense we could be dominant for 8 or 9 years.

Archived