• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Postgame Comments

mav1234

At the this point it doesn't matter if Moore is better than Jake or not. You cannot allow a player to throw 2-3 picks every game, it's unacceptable. Besides I don't think Moore could do much worse. Jake doesn't deserve to start. I hate saying that he is a good guy but being a good guy doesn't make you starter material. Whos knows, some time on the bench might make Jake better you never know. But he cannot be on the field right now.

agree here. Moore's ability isn't the issue here. The problem is that the offensive unit and defensive unit have lost faith in Jake and the longer Fox stays with him they lose faith in Fox and his ability to make decisions. As a HS coach I understand how important it is for your players to believe that you know what you are doing. If they don't believe that you can make good decisions, you are done as a coach.

Why do people keep feeling sorry for Jake and keep bringing up the fact that he's a "good guy"? Great guys that aren't good at their minimum-wage jobs get fired all the time because they just plain suck at their jobs. It's because it's a business. On a list of qualifications for being a starting NFL quarterback, "being a good guy" wouldn't even be on the top 50.

He's a multi-millionaire that received $20 million guaranteed in the offseason. Honestly, who cares if he gets benched and his career is over? If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for the guy that finally found a job at a crappy restaurant in this horrible economy and got fired from his minimum-wage job because he just couldn't get the job done. Don't feel sorry for Jake Delhomme. Like you keep saying, he's a level-headed guy. He's not going to run out and put a gun in his mouth and pull the trigger or anything. He'll have a good rest of his life with his horses in Beaux Bridge and will be done with this franchise for good come 2010.

it kills you... Jake is a great person and you know he is working his ass off trying to change.. maybe he could remain a great leader within the team just like Minter and Rucker..but Jake is done as a starter. If Fox doesn't bench him soon, a lot of normally quiet fans are going to be getting angry... Moore is a solid 2nd and can fill in when needed.. but it doesn't look like he is the answer.

I agree. It kills me too. I've been a Jake fan for a long time and it sucks to see him unravel like this. Right now its not doing anyone any good starting Jake. Neither Jake, the coaching staff, the team, or the fans are benefiting from it. For the love of God, bench Jake. If you're that dead set on Jake being your starter, at least bench him for a few games until he gets his composure back, IF he gets it back. If not then cut your losses and move on.

But I disgree about Matt Moore. How can you say he's not the answer when he hasn't been on the field? VERY FEW quarterbacks look good when they first start. Look at Payton Manning's first season he didn't look that good but he showed flashes. And look where he is now. By all means, I'm not by any stretch of the imagination comparing Moore to Payton Manning. I'm just trying to make a point. You never know how good or bad a player will be without giving them some time to develop.

Please Please Please Fox. Bench Jake! Start Matt Moore!

I do not feel sorry for Jake Delhomme. He should lose his job. But, I have I feeling we will see him under center on Sunday. If we don't, I will be VERY shocked.

Fox knows his job is as good as gone and he's going to be stubborn and stick by Jake right to a 3-13 season which screws the new regime coming in because of all the traded away draft picks.

Here's to a long, tough season.

I'm not really sure if Moore is or is not the answer... I don't know that he has enough playing time... but I guess he has had enough that if he was something astonishing we would have seen it.

I'd like to see him get his chance with the first team.

Well, we know that he won two out of the three games he started against playoff teams.

Instead of dwelling on what we don't know about Moore, let's start thinking about what we do know about Jake Delhomme. I've defended Delhomme for a long time, but as he's playing now I do not think Moore could do any worse.

And even if Moore underperforms, wouldn't you want it be now, in an already-ruined season when we need to know if he can take over as a starter for next year?

Jake has had ENOUGH chances to prove himself. Up until this point I believed we should stick with him but there is now no reason to believe that Matt Moore could do any worse, so why not start him. Jake even says it himself, you have to get touchdowns and win games to play quarterback in this league and hes not doing that. Enough is enough, we must move on.

Look, we play the cardinals next week, we know what's gonna happen if Jake plays...If Fox wants to keep his job he better start Moore soon and if he does well it might show that we have something for the future...if he doesn't he will be fired anyway so what does he have to lose that he isn't already going to..

Look, we play the cardinals next week, we know what's gonna happen if Jake plays...If Fox wants to keep his job he better start Moore soon and if he does well it might show that we have something for the future...if he doesn't he will be fired anyway so what does he have to lose that he isn't already going to..

I think that's one reason Fox has been so hesitant to start Moore. He knows if he's got to go to Moore, than the season is pretty much over anyway and he'll be fired.

Even if Moore comes out and plays lights out, Fox will look even worse for sticking with Delhomme and not seeing the talent on the bench. At this point, Fox is either damned if he does or damned if he doesn't.

Jake Delhomme is the quarterback version of DeShaun Foster--a guaranteed turnover a game, an offensive liability, and a detriment to his team's chances of winning. Stevie Wonder could see that Fox should have went to Moore during the bye week. That way he'd have two weeks to prepare him for the job. Now if he goes to Moore, he has to go on the road to a play a solid Arizona team, that has a solid defense and, by the looks of this game tonight, has found a running game. Great job, Fox.

Archived