• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Antonio Brown: If New Team Won't Play by My Rules...I Don't Even Have to Play

DeSim

6 hours ago, PurityControl said:

Look at the past SB winners going back 5 years have any of them had a big time big $ WR eating up cap space. 

Demaryius had a $13MM+ cap number and Alshon was on a 1 yr, $14MM deal.

2 hours ago, Trill OG said:

Yeah im sure the best WR in football will never play again...

You are probably right....question is, will the team that signs him regret it?

I wouldn't go near the guy.  A. Brown has proven himself to be mentally unstable....my bet is he will quickly blow himself up again with the next team.

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Most talented, yes. Best to help the team win games? Absolutely not. The guy is easily one of the biggest cancers in the league and will never win a SB. Teams are stupid and think they can make it work with guys like him because “the talent outweighs the headache” so of course that won’t happen. But it should. The guy needs a serious attitude check.

Our franchise QB Cam Newton chose to spend a offseason with him to train and get in the best shape of his life. AB may be a headache but he produces on the field. You can't argue against his production his numbers speak for itself. His worth ethic backs it up.

At the end of the day the NFL is about production, AB is the best at his position point blank.

1 hour ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah use all our cap for one player. That's not making me look good, it's making me look smart as hell.

You said we have no cap room to sign him. I was simply saying that is a false statement. I didn't even include other cuts we could make to free up more money. Money is not a issue, we can easily afford AB, the question is how bad does Cam want his buddy on the team and if Ron and the staff think he could be a game changer for this team.

1 hour ago, GeorgeHanson said:

You are probably right....question is, will the team that signs him regret it?

I wouldn't go near the guy.  A. Brown has proven himself to be mentally unstable....my bet is he will quickly blow himself up again with the next team.

When has he blown up the team?

All the guy did was say that people in the organization didn't respect him as a man.lol

It's funny how he dominated the NFL for the past 5 years, now all of a sudden he has become a problem. Why didn't we hear about him being a problem 3 years ago?

If you talking off the field yeah he has some issues, but on the field he has caused no problems.

48 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

All the guy did was say that people in the organization didn't respect him as a man.lol

It's funny how he dominated the NFL for the past 5 years, now all of a sudden he has become a problem. Why didn't we hear about him being a problem 3 years ago?

If you talking off the field yeah he has some issues, but on the field he has caused no problems.

Pay attention:  ".... blow himself up again...."

That said, why do you think he feels "people in the organization (don't) respect him as a man"...??

The guy posts video from the locker-room, misses meetings and practices, sits out games b/c he's mad at the QB, etc....and you contend he has "caused no problems on the field"...

...LOL.

Dude is mentally unstable, stay away, far far away.

1 hour ago, Trill OG said:

"Steelers receiver Antonio Brown did not play in the season-ending game against the Cincinnati Bengals because he elected to sit out practice last week after an unspecified heated dispute with a teammate, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has learned.

Several sources said the Steelers’ decision to not play Brown against the Bengals had nothing to do with any type of knee injury.

The disagreement occurred Wednesday morning during a routine walk-through practice that precedes their regular afternoon practice on the South Side. Brown became disgusted and threw a football in anger at one of his teammates, several sources said.

He did not attend Saturday’s walk-through practice and skipped the Saturday night meeting at the team hotel — the latest in missed meetings by the All-Pro receiver. Brown was never on the field for the start of the game against the Bengals and left Heinz Field at halftime, according to multiple sources."

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/12/31/18163364/antonio-brown-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-drama-locker-room-fight-injury

>>I guess if he skips practice & meetings & games technically those aren't "on field problems"....LMAO!<<

2 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

"Steelers receiver Antonio Brown did not play in the season-ending game against the Cincinnati Bengals because he elected to sit out practice last week after an unspecified heated dispute with a teammate, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has learned.

Several sources said the Steelers’ decision to not play Brown against the Bengals had nothing to do with any type of knee injury.

The disagreement occurred Wednesday morning during a routine walk-through practice that precedes their regular afternoon practice on the South Side. Brown became disgusted and threw a football in anger at one of his teammates, several sources said.

He did not attend Saturday’s walk-through practice and skipped the Saturday night meeting at the team hotel — the latest in missed meetings by the All-Pro receiver. Brown was never on the field for the start of the game against the Bengals and left Heinz Field at halftime, according to multiple sources."

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/12/31/18163364/antonio-brown-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-drama-locker-room-fight-injury

So this just became a issue at the end of the season?

What about the other 4 years when he was one of the best WR's in the league?

27 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Pay attention:  ".... blow himself up again...."

That said, why do you think he feels "people in the organization (don't) respect him as a man"...??

The guy posts video from the locker-room, misses meetings and practices, sits out games b/c he's mad at the QB, etc....and you contend he has "caused no problems on the field"...

...LOL.

Dude is mentally unstable, stay away, far far away.

Big Ben hasn't had trouble off the field?

Archived