• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MATT KALIL IS GONE

Double Trouble

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Lol, weren’t you feeding us some of the Kalil PR about why we should keep him?

I’m pretty sure Hurney is hanging out in here getting ideas. So far, he’s doing right by me. Signed my #1 FA in Paradis, re-signed the guy I wanted as my bookend to Moton at LT, cut the bane of my existence/arch-enemy, cut Captain who was our worst defender and hasn’t signed anyone crazy. He may even be saving up to make sure we get a 3rd round comp pick which is one of my favorite tools.

If he cuts Smith and Searcy at some point and signs a FS while not jacking up the comp pick, he may have pretty much done everything I asked him to do and for that I’ll be eternally grateful as we celebrate our SB win.

On to the draft. 

Nope, I absolutely  was not in favor of keeping Kalil. As was the case with Shula, Philly and perhaps some others, I was probably the first one to say that we needed to dump him even before his first season with us, and got a bunch of snide remarks about letting the season  start first blah blah blah. 

As always, I would have understood if Hurney decided to keep Kalil depending upon the situation, but situations change (as they did when D-Will re-signed), that's why I always say that you have to let free agency and the draft play out before whining about this and that. 

As for Searcy and Smith, I  am good with whatever Hurney decides (particularly with Smith). We need depth at both positions, and their contracts are cheap. 

Archived